For those of you who think Wane can't coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWoman1968

Re: For those of you who think Wane can't coach

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

moto748 wrote:Can we put this thing to bed about watering the pitch? Is it something they are forced to do by the football people, or is it something they choose to do?
Yes. I would like to know the answer to that. Thanks in advance.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Watering the pitch? I don't know, but, they were cutting the grass within 30 seconds of the final whistle last Friday night. I could not believe it! Two groundsmen, each pushing a lawnmower started mowing the pitch at the right hand side of the South Stand just as the players were about to shake hands! What was all that about? Do they not want the Rugby to play on the precious pitch?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I thought there were a few very encouraging signs of good coaching - but for a harsh forward pass and Gelling not trying to get to the posts we would have scored over 30 points against supposedly a strong defence. The offloads, discipline, where we got the ball to Williams, sensible spelling of Powell with Shorrocks, and of course the defensive master class.
I don't think Wane has turned into Bellamy or Bennett, and think that his stubbornness makes him blind to the crying need to have some fresh attacking insight. But he deserves massive credit for our control and discipline, and the transformation from the last time we played them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:Can we put this thing to bed about watering the pitch? Is it something they are forced to do by the football people, or is it something they choose to do?
I did ask about this on Saturday & was told that the watering of the pitch is on a timer, for when they aren't at the ground. At the Challenge Cup game v Castleford it started up just at half time & Solomona got a soaking ????
They can't keep altering it apparently!

On saying that, the air conditioning in the south stand bar is the same. It's on a timer as well, it's freezing in winter & useless in summer & if they turn it off it goes haywire!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

mickh wrote:Watering the pitch? I don't know, but, they were cutting the grass within 30 seconds of the final whistle last Friday night. I could not believe it! Two groundsmen, each pushing a lawnmower started mowing the pitch at the right hand side of the South Stand just as the players were about to shake hands! What was all that about? Do they not want the Rugby to play on the precious pitch?
I can the grounds men won't be on great money and they have a difficult job at the DW. They get to go home when they have cut the pitch, think how long that will take them, you will be tucked up in bed whilst they are finishing off on Thursday/Friday or Friday/Saturday.

They do a great job of a thankless task!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Thanks, Josie.
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

josie andrews wrote:
I did ask about this on Saturday & was told that the watering of the pitch is on a timer, for when they aren't at the ground. At the Challenge Cup game v Castleford it started up just at half time & Solomona got a soaking ????
They can't keep altering it apparently!

On saying that, the air conditioning in the south stand bar is the same. It's on a timer as well, it's freezing in winter & useless in summer & if they turn it off it goes haywire!
Thanks Josie.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

The answer to the post title is clearly....

"You were right".
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I feel sick (physically) having watched such an embarassing shambles. I have spent the best part of what 3 seasons saying things were a mess re coaching at Wigan. I have been abused by countless blind happy clappers. Truth be told I wish I was wrong and Wigan were amazing but the timer is for the happy clappers to stand up and say what is obvious; Wane must go!
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

cpwigan wrote:I feel sick (physically) having watched such an embarassing shambles. I have spent the best part of what 3 seasons saying things were a mess re coaching at Wigan. I have been abused by countless blind happy clappers. Truth be told I wish I was wrong and Wigan were amazing but the timer is for the happy clappers to stand up and say what is obvious; Wane must go!
We await your application with baited breath