Team Spirit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Team Spirit

Post by pedro »

up the junction wrote:
THATS A LOAD OF SAINTS
which part is a load of s##t ? And why are you shouting ? Do you know better?
I do and it is a load of ****
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

What a load of crap if that is the case sack the whole team and keep Bateman take a look at what past players has been accused of never noticed any teams turning the backs for god sake let the incident drop perhaps people should start looking for excuses
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

The whole incident has been hugely exaggerated .Two players don't get along,nothing new or unusual about that ,we've had that situation before as have most teams.But it's HISTORY now so let's leave it there.Incidentally my version came from people who know.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not the first Wigan players either, not the first players from countless teams/sports.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If team spirit is down, how about a more traditional reason which would be they are fed up with the way things are going on the pitch and the coach?
markill

Post by markill »

I really think a lot of the players drink the kool aid, so to speak, with Wane, so whilst the results may be caused by his poor attacking tactics and game planning, I get the feeling most of the playing group buy in to everything he says. If he is the problem with the team spirit they believe in him so much they won't see it.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

up the junction wrote:Just a word on what ive heard from a family member of the aggrieved and injured victim of the race day assault.The majority of the team dont want to play with the accused, as some saw exactly what happened and even intervened to stop further bloodshed .Now imagine a drunken works party where you see one colleague assault another in such a cowardly manner and then keep his job with little more than a slap on the wrist,it wouldnt do much for morale would it.Player power rules and always will ,and dont forget we have gone decidedly backwards since unnamed player has returned .No matter how good a player ,its the bad apple that ruins the crop.
Just a thought maybe im wrong but its what ive been told from the victims close family.
P.S i thought the popular fishermen amongst you would be privvy to this.
Id like to know which family member told you?
You say you thought popular with the fishermen would be privvy to this? You can private message me if you dont want discuss it on here.
IN WANE WE TRUST
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Whilst unable to comment on "Team Spirit" what I can say is that I was unfortunate enough to witness one of the worst impression of a warm up prior to the Widnes game. In truth it was unprofessional (players clearly "messing" around) and lacked any kind of intensity. This laid back attitude was then taken into the game and hey ho looked at what panned out. I never in all my years supporting this club would I brand it unprofessional but seriously now, questions need to be asked!!!!! Wane actually acknowledge later that the warm up wasn't great
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

acwrlfc wrote:Whilst unable to comment on "Team Spirit" what I can say is that I was unfortunate enough to witness one of the worst impression of a warm up prior to the Widnes game. In truth it was unprofessional (players clearly "messing" around) and lacked any kind of intensity. This laid back attitude was then taken into the game and hey ho looked at what panned out. I never in all my years supporting this club would I brand it unprofessional but seriously now, questions need to be asked!!!!! Wane actually acknowledge later that the warm up wasn't great
I have watched Wigans warm up since the introduction of Michael McGuire and at that time I only saw one clubs warm up I thought was better than ours. That was the Australian national side who even brought out an injured Billy Slater in his civies to balance out numbers for the kicking skills of the backs, prior to the forwards coming on for their warm up. Think it was at Elland Road, Leeds.
In my opinion, Mark Bitcom has done an excellent job in Pre-match warm up methodology, and would question the attitude of the players and those supervising the warm prior to the Widnes game with all the messing around you've mentioned.
homer s

Post by homer s »

acwrlfc wrote:Whilst unable to comment on "Team Spirit" what I can say is that I was unfortunate enough to witness one of the worst impression of a warm up prior to the Widnes game. In truth it was unprofessional (players clearly "messing" around) and lacked any kind of intensity. This laid back attitude was then taken into the game and hey ho looked at what panned out. I never in all my years supporting this club would I brand it unprofessional but seriously now, questions need to be asked!!!!! Wane actually acknowledge later that the warm up wasn't great
i didn't see the widnes warm up, but your comments struck me as familiar. i had the same impression at castleford. everything they did seemed half hearted and no cohesion to the way they warmed up. it turned out a simiar performance as well.