FPN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: FPN

Post by lucky 13 »

When tea towel was first used here it wasn't through any kind of endearment? It was because he was under performing and the people using it thought it apt. As for TT... it's his initials?? Sam T :D and Smith gets his from the players, just a little different. It's up to you of course if you think it's still fitting as to using it. It wasn't meant as any endearing nickname in my opinion but a derogatory slant on him. I think this season he's proved me and a lot of others where a little hasty has he seems to be finding his feet.
You can try and hide it in what ever way you want if it makes you feel better
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Warrior20 wrote:
DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I wish people would give the guy some respect & stop using this childish nickname

Call him TT, Mr T or simply T.
You really are hung up on this one aren't you Josie.

Should we not have called Mcguire "Madge" then? Or Burgess "Budgie"? Or Mark Riddell "Piggy", which after all came about because he was a bit on the plump side! What on earth is the difference? They are just nicknames and earning one is in fact often a mark of having endeared yourself to the fans not an insult.
Piggy wasn't called Piggy because of his size, it was because his dad was a policeman. He got the nickname little pig.
I didn't know that but given calling policemen pigs is derogatory I am amazed if the sensitive souls on here didn't have a heart attack whenever he was called that on the forum.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I think nick names like these are used because people have difficulty spelling players names.
It's time to replace Nuuausala, Tautai and Leuluai with Smith, Brown and Graham to help us stop making silly names. Lee Mossop has to go for obvious reasons too :wink:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Jesus H Christ!!!!!!

Shows how far this sight has dropped in debate and quality of posters when some are so arsey about a nickname a player has

I call Dom Crosby "Bing". Dan Sarginson "Dancing Dan" so fe*king what????

Some on here need either grow up of fu*k off from posting if this bothers you more than the abject shite at times the team has performed before us

There I have said it. If you feel it is aimed at you maybe you should take that chip of your shoulder and relax :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

lucky 13 wrote:When tea towel was first used here it wasn't through any kind of endearment? It was because he was under performing and the people using it thought it apt. As for TT... it's his initials?? Sam T :D and Smith gets his from the players, just a little different. It's up to you of course if you think it's still fitting as to using it. It wasn't meant as any endearing nickname in my opinion but a derogatory slant on him. I think this season he's proved me and a lot of others where a little hasty has he seems to be finding his feet.
You can try and hide it in what ever way you want if it makes you feel better
Wakey fans called him Tea Towel and they was sad to see him go.

It wasn't dreamt up on here at all
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It isn't anything but Josie lost the plot so we play by different rules with no rhyme or reasons.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I think nick names like these are used because people have difficulty spelling players names.
It's time to replace Nuuausala, Tautai and Leuluai with Smith, Brown and Graham to help us stop making silly names. Lee Mossop has to go for obvious reasons too :wink:
When Mr Thomas Leuluai returns to the club (cant wait) he will be referred to as WEE TAM by us up north as he has always been lol.

Regards , EW

Unles he sets Feka on us ha ha ha
2002 and EW is hooked
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

God wrote:Agreed Wakey called him Teatowel way before us.

All of a sudden it's disrespectful, I'm not having it.

I love nicknames for people/players the best one I've ever heard was for a footballer playing for Crystal Palace in the Premier League called Fitz Hall his nickname was One Size, brilliant nickname.

Teatowel is another great one IMO Piggy I liked too

Tony Adams: Donkey
"Bing" Crosby

The black pearl?? Referencing a persons skin colour, but because it's endearing it's acceptable, same as referencing a players hair colour "The Ginger pearl" we could go on.

Tautai is easy to spell, it even comes up as a auto correct when you type so I'm not having that either.
Not so sure about the "Bing" nickname for Crosby,don't think I've heard anyone call him that
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:I think nick names like these are used because people have difficulty spelling players names.
When Mr Thomas Leuluai returns to the club (cant wait) he will be referred to as WEE TAM by us up north as he has always been lol.

Regards , EW

Unles he sets Feka on us ha ha ha
I like it EW, wee Tam. ????????

I like the nick names players are given, and I bet they'd have a good laugh about it themselves if they went on sites like these.
RC

Post by RC »

I think FPN has been great so far, definitely better starting than being a sub. Runs hard, takes three players to tackle him and always lands on his front. He's also a very good tackler.
If I remember correctly, he only missed one tackle against Hull and it was Shaul (who was on fire on that night), worked hard, tackled around the ankles to take players down and runs good lines; assisted Tautai in scoring the match-winner. Can't wait to see him in 2017.

I've also nicknamed him Frank Paul Chicken Masala.