Shaun Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Shaun Wane

Post by Wes »

I have stated in the past that I thought it was time we had a change in coach and SW should move on, mostly because we have been 1 dimensional with 1 move and had a s**t attacking approach for too long!!!

Well Shaun Wane if you can keep the team playing the way they have the last 4/5 weeks, solid in defence and attacking off the cuff whilst playing the percentages then I have to hold my hand up and say I was wrong!!! I have loved our last 4 or 5 games and I hope you read this board as I owe you an apology so sorry for doubting and if I bump into you I owe you a beer!!!!

Ps I live nowhere near standish so I think I'm safe on the beer hahahaha

Edited - Josie
lucky 13

Re: Shaun Wane

Post by lucky 13 »

We have played more off the cuff and we also seem to have relented on the wrestle quite a bir, speeding the game up. It's helped we are not giving away half the penalties and energy wise we seem to be making the metres easier when we have the ball. It was a frustrating season but the last few games gave me a nudge as to why I love RL.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

That wish fm reporter who asked him if hes under pressure after widnes game must have been used as a motivation to wane and players because they aint lost since then.
IN WANE WE TRUST
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Fair play holding your hands up.Should be quite a long thread if all who doubted did so.All makes for a healthy place to be.All sorts make a world and all that.
Personally.Never Had A Doubt....well i dont think i did

4G

:blush:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I did and still do.

HOWEVER, the most impressive aspect for me that suggests Wane is actually learning was in the post match interviews where he was rightly heaping praise on his backroom/support staff and humble about himself to the point of unfairly so. Not my idea of an amazing coach but saying they (his backroom staff) do all the work I understand why he said it but he does work his behind off too.

I was watching the post match stuf and nothing against him whatsoever but I was thinking Bitcom ot Clarke I know who I would rather have!
GBH

Post by GBH »

Im sorry we may of won one big game but a season of the same boring rugby we had to watch this year is of no interest at all.
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

GBH wrote:Im sorry we may of won one big game but a season of the same boring rugby we had to watch this year is of no interest at all.
It is indisputable. The only caveat in mitigation is the injuries. I agree with you BTW. So do people within Wigan RLFC too.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

GBH wrote:Im sorry we may of won one big game but a season of the same boring rugby we had to watch this year is of no interest at all.
Funny that cos I would take this season again and again and again!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
GBH

Post by GBH »

Funny I wouldn't buy I season ticket again if I was told that is what im going to watch all year to then play well in a few at the end no thanks!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

GBH wrote:Funny I wouldn't buy I season ticket again if I was told that is what im going to watch all year to then play well in a few at the end no thanks!
Me to, I used almost all my free holidays on this crap and at times took more effort getting to the game than the team did in it. I'm looking forward to watching Wigan vs Sharks at the DW but the rest of it can wait