Clubb’s green-light to return

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Clubb’s green-light to return

Post by josie andrews »

up the junction wrote:
I am nobody, try any of the above games.

13/05/2016 Hull FC
28/04/2016 Warrington Wolves
21/04/2016 Huddersfield Giants
15/04/2016 Castleford Tigers
10/04/2016 Wakefield Trinity
01/04/2016 Warrington Wolves
28/03/2016 Hull Kingston Rovers
25/03/2016 St Helens
17/03/2016 Widnes Vikings
11/03/2016 Leeds Rhinos
04/03/2016 Hull FC
25/02/2016 Salford Red Devils
20/02/2016 Brisbane Broncos
12/02/2016 Huddersfield Giants
05/02/2016 Catalans Dragons
24/01/2016 Salford Red Devils
What a load of Rubbish ,your honestly trying to say that Clubbs at fault for us losing the above? I see you still talk shite under a different login !!!!
Fwarrior is entitled to his opinion even if you ( or I ) think differently
:roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jao711

Post by jao711 »

FWarrior wrote:Unfortunately his absence through injury helped Wigan get to OT and win a GF.
. Now let me get this straight.Clubby's injury helped us win the GF.Well then it seems to me that it's only right and proper that MM,Lockers,Sam T,the two Dom's,Faz,Gells and one or two others should get their share of the credit. After all fair.'s fair.
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

All I am suggesting without being abusive is that Wigan peaked for the GF which is what Shan Wane aimed for but that players who in positions through luck of mifosrtune became vital in winning a GF, a GF victory that had eluded Wigan for the last few seasons.

Every Wigan supporter is happy that Sam Tomkins has returned but there can be no denying that the Wigan supporters favourite punchbag Dan Sarginson was pivotal to reaching and winning the GF. So much so that he was recalled to the England squad. I doubt it would prevent sopme Wigan fans from treating him as a whipping boy even though Wayne Bennett recognised his impct in the last two games of the season.

Every fan, well most 'love' Tony Clubb. Yet, since he signed for Wigan, Wigan have won nothing. Argubablythe more game he took part in, the less likely we looked like winning a competition. FPN came in and immediately we win a GF. Sheer coincidence. Possibly but the scorelines in the paper are not subjective. Before Tony Clubb, Wigan won a GF, Tony Clubb our injured for the reast of the season Wigan win a GF.

Sport is dynamic. Sam and Joel Tomkins did not have great 2016 saeasons but at least they can say they have been vital to winning GFs and CCs before. Will it happen again, maybe, maybe not but they did it. Tony Clubb hasachieved no final trophy winning success.

Taulima Tauta was vital to winning a GF and can claim he was vital in winning a GF. Wigan were left with a problem until Lee Mossop (when injured)! and Dom Crosby both deminded wage / contract increases which left Tony Clubb as the remaining and less expensive option. The problem will be that Tony Clubb is better as an impact player but Taulima Tauta was better in that role last season so unless players are injured then Clubb or Ryan Sutton, or Joe Bretherton or Romain Navarrete becomes an easy decision given the age of Tony Clubb and his poor decision making (although fans love kamikaze big hits)

2017 will be a big season for many player; Sam Tomkins or Joel Tomins for example. Sam Tomkins might rise to the challenge of Morgan Escaré, Joel Tomkins may rise to the challenge of Liam Farrell and John Bateman or they may not but the Tomkins brothers can both says they were vital in Wigan winning past finals, as yet Tony Clubb cannot and never has been able to say so. Fans favourite means nothing.

If it was up to fans Dan Sarginson would have been sent back to London and Lewis Tierney banished to Scotland.

FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

jao711 wrote:
FWarrior wrote:Unfortunately his absence through injury helped Wigan get to OT and win a GF.
. Now let me get this straight.Clubby's injury helped us win the GF.Well then it seems to me that it's only right and proper that MM,Lockers,Sam T,the two Dom's,Faz,Gells and one or two others should get their share of the credit. After all fair.'s fair.
JAO noboddy would swap MM but Sam Powell was vital in Wigan winning a GF. Equally so has MM been in the past before but they are arguably both rivals for the same spot, one which Shaun Wane believes SAm Powell can play for 80 minutes. MM?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

FWarrior wrote:
jao711 wrote:
JAO noboddy would swap MM but Sam Powell was vital in Wigan winning a GF. Equally so has MM been in the past before but they are arguably both rivals for the same spot, one which Shaun Wane believes SAm Powell can play for 80 minutes. MM?
I would swap MM, crap hooker, fans only love him because he tackles hard, MM out for the season and we win the GF, theres proof on how bad he is
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

The flips side would be that we have won finals with MM but Sam Powell was outstanding last season. You are only as good as your last game I guess.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

If it was a straight choice between Crosby and Clubb. We have let the wrong prop go. Even if we had to improve Crosby's contract that would have been made up by letting Clubb go. We still have an abundance of forwards without him. If clubb had been made available dont think Warrington would have been interested thats the difference. Clubb may be a nice guy but so was Smith. He does a couple of big hits but then disappears until he is substituted. Can't see him being here after next season.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

warriors01 wrote:If it was a straight choice between Crosby and Clubb. We have let the wrong prop go. Even if we had to improve Crosby's contract that would have been made up by letting Clubb go. We still have an abundance of forwards without him. If clubb had been made available dont think Warrington would have been interested thats the difference. Clubb may be a nice guy but so was Smith. He does a couple of big hits but then disappears until he is substituted. Can't see him being here after next season.
If that's the case and Clubb does go after next season,it makes the decision to let Crosby go even more bemusing really.

As for Fwarriors point about Sam V Dan debate I think most on here were equal in their scorn ( when it was warranted of course) of both players.

And as for Medlocke's point about MM he has it all to prove,the rise of Powell means we have a nice replacement sat waiting,good for competition in my eyes and for my money Powell should be first choice at the seasons start and go from there as mentioned your only as good as your last game and Powell had many games to choose from.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote:
warriors01 wrote:If it was a straight choice between Crosby and Clubb. We have let the wrong prop go. Even if we had to improve Crosby's contract that would have been made up by letting Clubb go. We still have an abundance of forwards without him. If clubb had been made available dont think Warrington would have been interested thats the difference. Clubb may be a nice guy but so was Smith. He does a couple of big hits but then disappears until he is substituted. Can't see him being here after next season.
If that's the case and Clubb does go after next season,it makes the decision to let Crosby go even more bemusing really.

As for Fwarriors point about Sam V Dan debate I think most on here were equal in their scorn ( when it was warranted of course) of both players.

And as for Medlocke's point about MM he has it all to prove,the rise of Powell means we have a nice replacement sat waiting,good for competition in my eyes and for my money Powell should be first choice at the seasons start and go from there as mentioned your only as good as your last game and Powell had many games to choose from.
I agree, Powell should be the starting hooker & Mickey needs to fight for his place on the bench.

I'd go as far to say Powell should have been given the nine shirt! IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:

I agree, Powell should be the starting hooker & Mickey needs to fight for his place on the bench.

I'd go as far to say Powell should have been given the nine shirt! IMO
I don't think that is controversial and needs a !

He's earned the shirt.