Is furner going to saints?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
hodgymad

Is furner going to saints?

Post by hodgymad »

i have heard that Furner is going to saints,but i thort he was going to west Tigers in aussie?
Wot is everyones opinion?
John M

No

Post by John M »

Furner will not go to Saints.He told Lindsay that while he wanted to stay at Wigan he would not go to any other SL club if Wigan could not retain him next year.It will be a huge shock if he does go to Saints but i think he will end up with the Tigers.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
AJ

wests

Post by AJ »

i think he wil be going to wests particually now that tim sheens is coach there and him and furner had such as successful time together at canberra a few years ago
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
AshtonWarrior

AshtonWarrior

Post by AshtonWarrior »

I was speaking to Furner in Walkabout on sunday night!! Now obviously we are not best mates or nothin but he said he would never go to saints and would be heading back to OZ!! He freely admitted he wanted to stay at Wigan but because of the salary cap he cannot. I personally think it is very unlikely that he would go to saints and agree with AJ that he is back off to OZ!!
Bilko

Furner to Leeds?

Post by Bilko »

Leeds Rhinos are the latest team to be linked with departing second row forward David Furner.

They join a join a long list of clubs, including Cronulla Sharks, West Tigers, Canberra Raiders, Widnes Vikings and St Helens, who have been linked with the veteran.

More here http://www.rlfans.com/network/wigan/htm ... le&sid=239
Bilko

I agree.....

Post by Bilko »

....I think he will go to Wests eventually but I think the amount of interest being shown in him proves that the club should have tried harder to keep him. Having said that I don't know what his wages are like.