Wane on Sam vs Escare

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wormburner

Re: Wane on Sam vs Escare

Post by Wormburner »

In all fairness the both should be sent out on loan for a month so they can gain fitness and maybe prove they are still good enough without disrupting a well oiled machine, i'm sure the likes of Hull KR, Featherstone, Rochdale and Halifax would be happy to take them, why should our fans have to put up with their mistakes because they haven't played in over a year, also i think using MM at hooker will 2 steps backwards, he should be used as back up for dodgy Lockers.
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I have every confidence that SW will be considering all these options. At present we have a machine which isn't broken so doesn't need fixing. This situation obviously cannot prevail so he will be making sure its replacement parts are fit for purpose as and when they are required
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:I think the comments about Tomkins and MM are fair,both players have a lot to prove after for Sam a worringly ineffective 2016 (though i doubt he ever got anywhere near full match fitness to be fair,he always seemed to be a few steps late than everyone else) and for MM a fairly average 2015 (for him at least).

All coaches have their favourate players,thats life and i have confidence that Wane will if the need arises drop either player,i often think back t last season if he'd have had cover for Tomkins would he have dropped him?I'd have liked to have thought he would as at times his form simply didnt warrant his inclusion.
Can we give them chance to prove themselves at least then?
Where though?I'll grant you it's very early days yet in the season and it's much easier to welcome back players who,without doubt be lacking in match fitness now rather than the big end of the season thats why i think a loan option is a sound idea for both players.

It won't happen in a month of sundays of course but it's a forum,a good place for all us settee coaches to work our theories out :wink:
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Although we're unbeaten, we haven't been perfect so far this season. We only scraped a win against Widnes, who haven't got a win yet.

I'd say we're playing well despite the injuries, but also suggest we're far from being a well-oiled machine.

If we played Cas in the Challenge Cup, would we be guaranteed the victory? It'd be a good game and I'd fancy our chances, but it definitely wouldn't be a nailed-on win. I'd like us to challenge for all four trophies this season, and to do that we're going to need the full strength of the squad, and that includes players like Sam, McIlorum and Bateman.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wormburner wrote:In all fairness the both should be sent out on loan for a month so they can gain fitness and maybe prove they are still good enough without disrupting a well oiled machine, i'm sure the likes of Hull KR, Featherstone, Rochdale and Halifax would be happy to take them, why should our fans have to put up with their mistakes because they haven't played in over a year, also i think using MM at hooker will 2 steps backwards, he should be used as back up for dodgy Lockers.
Dodgy Lockers?? Are you being serious?? ????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian b

Post by ian b »

O Loughlin is still a class act unless i'm watching a different game
SJ

Post by SJ »

josie andrews wrote:
Wormburner wrote:In all fairness the both should be sent out on loan for a month so they can gain fitness and maybe prove they are still good enough without disrupting a well oiled machine, i'm sure the likes of Hull KR, Featherstone, Rochdale and Halifax would be happy to take them, why should our fans have to put up with their mistakes because they haven't played in over a year, also i think using MM at hooker will 2 steps backwards, he should be used as back up for dodgy Lockers.
I think today's 10 minutes should answer your question Josie

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

SJ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

He's pulled his calf!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

josie andrews wrote:
SJ wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Dodgy Lockers?? Are you being serious?? ????????????

He's pulled his calf!
Hence the dodgy moniker
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

And unfortunately it reduces the strength of the team with him having to go off so early, and with Wells off at the same time, it meant we only had effectively a two man bench for the best part of the 80.

Despite that, Huddersfield looked more on their knees than us towards the end, and they looked happy with the draw.