General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
thegimble

Re: General election

Post by thegimble »

Wiganer Ted wrote:May will get an increased majority one would expect.
She has already said a stop will be put on Free Movement of People but is looking for a Free Trade Deal.
The EU27 have said either all four freedoms or none.

She and the EU can negotiate all they want but it will only take one country to veto a deal then that's the end. We don't have a deal.
Good move by May to buy herself more time if not over the two years but any interim deal and the length of time it could have.
Your last part is spot on. Negotiations would not be finished by 2020 and danger with Labour removing Corbyn after the local election any Tory majority could be hampered.

Problem is any deal will not make majority happy that is the danger. Not everyones idea of Brexit is the same.

Trade deals will be interesting because TTIP is a horrendous deal if pushed through. Its all good saying we can trade with the world if the EU does not give us a deal but at what price.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Its funny isnt it that we all voted in a referendum yet to this date one year later not a single expert can even guess as to how brexit will actually impact the UK. It begs the question how on earth were the public expected to make the right choice with zero facts.

The only hope here (if youre a non-tory) is that May chucks it up the road somewhere. One thing Labour have in their favour is the fickle nature of the millennials such as myself. Ive voted for 3 different parties in elections depending on what policies they had at the time. Old voters tend to stick to a party unless there is a massive upheaval but newer voters i believe are more malleable.

May has already started rocking the ship by saying she wont appear in live debates - these are gold dust for the younger voters and many will watch them as a way of making up their mind, if she isnt there it could really start to open up a few cracks however im not sure with Corbyn Labour are in a place to exploit them

The Lib Dems have gone back to being the joke party IMO. Clegg destroyed decades of work for a taste of power. The Irony is had the Lib Dems not got into bed with the Tories or capitulated so badly on their core values they may actually be a serious contender this round. Clegg has charisma and the party were really starting to gain traction before he threw it all away. Fallon is a nobody i bet 9/10 people dont even know he is in charge

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Interesting gimble you should mention TTIP and media manipulation in your posts.
Three guys who I know that voted leave gave three separate reasons for the same.
One voted purely to eradicate TTIP from the equation.
One for the abolition of zero hours contracts and removal of "put puts" as he labelled them.
One for "hope", he wasn't keen on globalisation!
Clearly and ironically the onset of Brexit will more than likely increase the likelihood of three of those being strengthened and the achievement of immigration reduction to be minimal at best, with figures fudged to prove points.
Indeed the newspapers and media have a lot to answer for in the real democratic world!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Interesting gimble you should mention TTIP and media manipulation in your posts.
Three guys who I know that voted leave gave three separate reasons for the same.
One for the abolition of zero hours contracts and removal of "put puts" as he labelled them.
Clearly and ironically the onset of Brexit will more than likely increase the likelihood of three of those being strengthened and the achievement of immigration reduction to be minimal at best, with figures fudged to prove points.
Indeed the newspapers and media have a lot to answer for in the real democratic world!
“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

On such a huge issue I wouldn't trust the public at large to wipe its own nose let alone something as complex as leaving the EU,having your country back isn't going to be much comfort when the cull of workers rights arrives in due course and we're all paying a fiver for a loaf of warburtons.

Funny though the Tories who aren't one to listen to the public at large decided the referendum was the one issue they wanted to listen too,after all it was only an advisory poll not law as it's since been painted.
Wandering Warrior

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Interesting gimble you should mention TTIP and media manipulation in your posts.
“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”
It's what's between the lines written that matters! :wink:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

interesting that may will only appear on tv in a q+a or aka a controlled situation were her party has mostly likely had a say in whi attends.

i know they are not manidtory but i always like the tv debates you get to see how the poloticians can deal with their statements being ripped apart.

cameron was king of avoiding a direct answer. May seem to resort to just personal insult which is most likely why shes avoiding it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
It's what's between the lines written that matters! :wink:
I agree I can make my own mind up I do not need a megalomaniac media mogul to tell me what to think or believe.

Wandering Warrior

Maggie May came to Bolton yesterday and needless to say the locals were fawning over her. Mr X aged 78 said "it's fantastic Maggie May has come here, it puts Egerton on the map and shows she cares about the North".
She cares about your vote mate and on the 9th of June you may be on a trolley in a corridor in Bolton General and she won't give a flying!
I must be missing summat?
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Sticking with Labour. Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer etc.

See these seemingly working class folk you see on telly spouting venom against Labour. I voted for em, once and never again type of thing. They remind me of folk hypnotised on stage down at the the Working Men's Club. They do and say everything the hypnotist tells em to do.

The Tory press have done a job on em big time. Hats off to the Tory machine in that respect. They know how to divide and conquer. They know how to dupe just enough of the masses. Such a shame that folk lack the gumption to see through Tory lies.

Austerity is Tory ideology not a necessity as they would have you believe.

Go on Jezza lad