Celebrate St George's Day

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Celebrate St George's Day

Post by josie andrews »

Celebrate St George’s Day at Sunday’s Family Funday fixture against Catalans Dragons

Afternoon to feature a pre-match military celebration, headlined by a parachute jump from The Red Devils Parachute Display Team

Live music and family entertainment also to be expected with popular Family Ticket available for just £58

Wigan Warriors supporters are encouraged to celebrate St George’s Day at Sunday’s Family Funday fixture against Catalans Dragons.

The Club are working with the Armed Forces community to deliver a pre-match military celebration to coincide with St George’s Day, which will be headlined by a jump in from The Red Devils Parachute Display Team.

As the second of the Club’s Family Funday fixtures, the afternoon will also feature an action-packed line-up of live music and family entertainment in the 188BET Fan Village.

Wigan Warriors Marketing Director Simon Collinson commented,

“One of my fond memories from my time at the Club was our St George’s Day fixture against Harlequins in 2010 at which there was a fantastic feel of patriotism around the stadium.

“We hope to create a similar atmosphere as part of Sunday’s Family Funday fixture and are working with members of the Armed Forces community including The Red Devils Parachute Display Team and the Royal Marines to deliver a rousing pre-match celebration.

“We hope to see as many supporters at the DW Stadium as possible to pay tribute to our Patron Saint and Armed Forces, whilst I’m sure that the team will do us proud on the field against our French rivals.”

Wigan Warriors face Catalans Dragons at the DW Stadium on St George’s Day, Sunday 23rd April, with a pre-match military celebration set to take place alongside an action-packed line-up of live music and family entertainment.

A limited number of all-inclusive family packages are available for just £58, including admission for a family of four, £10 food voucher, parking and match day programme, are now available from the DW Stadium Ticket office and Ticket Hotline on 0871 66-33-552.

Members and veterans of the Armed Forces can redeem a free East Stand ticket on production of their Armed Forces Discount Card at the DW Stadium Ticket Office, whilst additional tickets for family and friends are available for £15 adults and £5 juniors.

General admission match tickets can be purchased HERE

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... zbOwbe9.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
magsrads

Re: Celebrate St George's Day

Post by magsrads »

I'm fully expecting Shaun's prematch talk to channel Henry V Act 3 Scene 1 :wink: :wink:

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems- ... ail/56972