General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: General election

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ian.birchall wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I've never voted owt but Labour and our MP is the reason May was in Bolton whipping up the troops.
He's just been knighted and I'll be interested to see if his election leaflets will be plain David Crausby or Sir David Crausby.
If it's the latter I may give him a miss this time.
I was well impressed when two of my favourite musicians in the past turned down honours, Hank Marvin and David Bowie.
That's another well thought out reason for your vote WW
I think I can guess which way you swing!!
How's the Accord going?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

ian.birchall wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Interesting that VAT and various other tax increase could occur under the future Tory government. Less we do get the Tories are the VAT kings!
At least they can't claim the usual claims Labour will raise taxes, not that it will now matter!
WW, you have obviously forgotten that VAT was first imposed back in the early 70's as a result of us joining the EU in the first place.
Yes it was but the Tories love to Jack it up as history has shown!
Wandering Warrior

fozzieskem wrote:So even the Tories seem to be saying tax rises are incoming,I mean of course they'll deny that over the next week or so of course,but as sure as eggs is eggs we the poor,the working and lower middle classes are going to have to foot the bill both for the financial crash and the folly of leaving the EU.

Happy days.
Of course we will but that must be infinitely better than putting your head in a bucket of sand!?! :lol:
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

The working class and pensioners are stuffed , this government has more " u turns " than a go Kart track , just watch the tax vat NI increases happen , pensions suffer, the crazy thing is Labour have had 2 years to sort themselves out and failed miserably, " Call me Dave " and " 6 jobs George " got a bloody nose and disappear of into the sunset filling their wallets , meanwhile we have ambulances queuing up outside hospitals and trolleys in corridors,
It's obvious that the " establishment " want us to " remain " and by hook or by crook they will get their way , don't think Brexit will ever happen as we expect it
Wandering Warrior

Don't know what you expect of Brexit? Smacked botties will more than likely be the order of the day!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wormburner wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I've never voted owt but Labour and our MP is the reason May was in Bolton whipping up the troops.
He's just been knighted and I'll be interested to see if his election leaflets will be plain David Crausby or Sir David Crausby.
If it's the latter I may give him a miss this time.
I was well impressed when two of my favourite musicians in the past turned down honours, Hank Marvin and David Bowie.
That's another well thought out reason for your vote WW
Tee Hee Hee :eusa4:
So Wormburner any opinion on the Tories not promising not to increase taxes or even to protect pensions.

Or is that not worth your awesome intellect.
Wandering Warrior

Perhaps the real reason for the Election is the facility to remove the no tax and ni increases from the current manifesto to appease the slightly moral in the Tory party? After all the raise in taxes will go some way to recompense any cost and financial shortcomings of Brexit?
Maggie May covering her back again against any personal blame for our Brexit diet?
It's interesting that Trump will talk to EU before UK for trade. Talk to 650 million folk rather than 65 million first, seems quite logical for once for him!
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Just as a matter of interest, and on the subject of pensioners. Does anyone realise what the minimum income guarantee is for pensioners, as opposed to people of working age?
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

yes joy the party that broke a promise to not hold an election will most likely win the election they only called to overshadow the fraud investigation and because they have no real opposition currently....

always good to know our goverment is law abiding and out for the citizens and not personal gain :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.