2018 Signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: 2018 Signings

Post by fozzieskem »

I wouldn't mind Fifita class act
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont think Fifita would work in our team, he traditionally carries extra weight which makes him effective a little like Feka used to. We dont tend to train players to allow them to carry a bit of flab so we would probably try and trim him down and he would as a result lose the edge he has like Feka did.

Ive said on another thread i like the look of Gadwin Springer hes a massive man and carries hard, hes a bit raw but i think he could be a very effective prop in the right hands
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
markill

Post by markill »

I find this to be the best website for putting all the off-contract players in one place.
https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/super-league/

It isn't always updated straight away and misses some players out of some squads, but it's pretty comprehensive.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

There aren't a great many players in there I feel could improve our starting game day squad (when fit)

Mike mcmeekin I really like and as I have already said gadwin springer I can't see a great deal else I would pick over our current clutch of players and youth
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Maybe we should change our coach and his training methods, then maybe we wouldn't have 15 players missing
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Wormburner wrote:Maybe we should change our coach and his training methods, then maybe we wouldn't have 15 players missing
Or the League Championship and WCC sitting in the trophy cabinet
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Jimmy Birts wrote:
Wormburner wrote:Maybe we should change our coach and his training methods, then maybe we wouldn't have 15 players missing
Don't bite Jimmy!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Jimmy Birts wrote:
With the squad we have we should have the Challenge Cup as well.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Judging by this season we need a centre, half back unless Tompkins plays there. and a back row forward. Of which one of these needs to be a goalkicker. On the coaching front either a complete change or we bring in an attacking coach
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Get Josh back on a short-term loan - why not?