KARL KIRKRPATRICK IN TRI NATIONS!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

KARL KIRKRPATRICK IN TRI NATIONS!

Post by turf »

I have just been on a refereeing website, and it says that Karl Kirkpatrick is in contention to referee a tri nations match. Oh no! I would forget winning if he referees GB.
GeoffN

Re: KARL KIRKRPATRICK IN TRI N...

Post by GeoffN »

Well, he is one of the best 20 SL refs......
mike binder

Re: KARL KIRKRPATRICK IN T...

Post by mike binder »

:) we only have 10 :)
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder posted:
:) we only have 10 :)
My point exactly! he's about 19th out of 10.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

i thaught ganson was the ref from gb :conf:
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

WTID, good point, he has been the ref for the two OZ/NZ games so if a neutral referee is required for the final he will be getting that as well.
Why did they bother flying Ganson over to Oz though? Is Russell Smith not regarded as English any more?, the Aussies get Russell Smith, we get Calvin Klein, someone somewhere is having a laugh :eh:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Listening to the Aussie commentators during the first two matches it was fairly obvious they were less than impressed by Ganson although I don't recall any real howlers from him whereas last year when Russell Smith did the reffing they were very complimentary about him and it was obvious both the Oz media and the players respected Russell. Quite what they will make of Kirkcrapkit I really don't know, he is bound to upset someone so lets hope it isn't us.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

The Aussies will like KK fine if he is as biased towards them as Ganson and Smith are. It always makes me sick to see our refs falling over themselves to be nice to the green and gold, but they do it every time.

They know that if the Aussies lose there will be a "meeting" to discuss "interpretation of rules" which in English means intimidation of the ref with the ever present but unmentioned threat that if the Aussies are unhappy, Ganson or whoever could well have reffed their last international.

Just for once I'd like our refs to put the Aussies under pressure but I know it won't happen. This is one of the reasons I will not be attending any Tri-Nations games this time.
OJ

Re: KARL KIRKRPATRICK IN TRI N...

Post by OJ »

Have to admit I'm not bothering myself this time, I normally go to all the matches but last year's final match is still a scar on my mind and I'll be in front of the tv with a few beers and a takeaway this time instead. I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think we have a snowballs chance in hell this year and if Peacock doesn't recover from his injury and Carney becomes captain that will really be the icing on the cake.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

jinkin jimmy posted:
The Aussies will like KK fine if he is as biased towards them as Ganson and Smith are. It always makes me sick to see our refs falling over themselves to be nice to the green and gold, but they do it every time.

They know that if the Aussies lose there will be a "meeting" to discuss "interpretation of rules" which in English means intimidation of the ref with the ever present but unmentioned threat that if the Aussies are unhappy, Ganson or whoever could well have reffed their last international.

Just for once I'd like our refs to put the Aussies under pressure but I know it won't happen. This is one of the reasons I will not be attending any Tri-Nations games this time.
Yes JJ like a certain mr.harrigan done to us in the ashes of 2001! Still makes my blood boil :angry: The aussies get the rub of the green every time they play gb english ref or not. I think they just think oh its the aussies they have johns,lockyer lets get us their bums.
ancient and loyal upon my chest

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!