Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dave-C

Re: Tomkins

Post by Dave-C »

morley pie eater wrote:Good to see a predominantly positive thread, especially about Sam.

It shows that many of the disagreements on here are based on genuine differences of opinion between dyed-in-the-wool Wigan fans. We all need to remember this sometimes.
Is good to see positive posts about Sam, I agree. Think the issue of negative posts is more aimed at the club and how it responds (or the exact opposite) to its fans throughout the season.

Sam did well yesterday. Good defence, shook things up in attack. His position defending under the sticks wasn't the best but from a long layoff I think he did really well. One thing I hope for is that he doesn't get injured, again
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Only a small point and time will tell, but I was really encouraged that he backed himself with the kicks through. There is actually no reason why with training and rehab he can't be pretty much as fast as he used to be. Look at Bolt and co. He just looked more confident in his own speed than last year. A long break may have helped sort out more than his foot if they know what they're doing.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Only a small point and time will tell, but I was really encouraged that he backed himself with the kicks through. There is actually no reason why with training and rehab he can't e pretty much as fast as he used to be. Look at Bolt and co. He just looked more confiendt in his own speed than last year. A long break may have helped sort out more than his foot if they know what they're doing.
For the amount of games missed by certain players they seemed more up to speed than they should have been.

Did the club hold back the return to

A allow full recovery
or
B Focus on the CC and push on SL after the Quarter Final

We did not fade as I thought we could. Some did but we seemed to hold our own in the end.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Well, looking at Cas, FC and Leeds there is no way that they will drop enough points for us to overtake them, which leaves us having to outperform by a distance in some cases ALL of Salford, Wakefield, Saints and Huddersfield. Which clearly can't happen. So, if that was the plan it has failed already.
We have endured the worst run in 100 years - and will have to live with the consequences, sadly.
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Sam will never be the same amazing athlete that left for NZ but in terms of guiding the team in defence and attack he is invaluable.