Dom Manfredi ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
LTAWigan4Eva

Re: Dom Manfredi ?

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Great news. Best winger at the club by far
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Dom is a shoe in for me when he is fit. He suits our style of play more than Marshy as he makes the hard yards out of our 20. He is essential if Sam is going to play fullback.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Really tough on Marshall but Manfredi has to come into the squad.
Whether he'll start or be off the bench is the only question.
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Really tough on Marshall but Manfredi has to come into the squad.
Whether he'll start or be off the bench is the only question.
Budgie or Marshall. Arguably the club needs to get Budgie fit. A fit Budgie could never be chased down.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Competition for places and more people fit makes us a better team simple as that! Hurry back Dom!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Next season ide ide love too see more competition in the centre position..... it is a good thing and keeps everybody on there toes...... its funny in sport ,how some players dont seem too pick up as many injuries with players breathing down there necks....
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I don't see how you can drop Marshall tbh.

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wintergreen wrote:I don't see how you can drop Marshall tbh.
its a tough call but if doms 100% ide go with dom
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

The way Wigan play the first 3 tackles re vital as an exit set. Manfredi is far stronger and capable than Marshall in that department. It is great to have Sam Tomkins back for many reasons but he will never be the player he once was and his worst attributed was exit sets which put even more pressure on the two wingers and normally Gelling. Gelling is not playing so the two wingers become even more important. The arguent then becomes who plays opposite Manfredi. It may be that the choice becomes Burgess or Marshall. I think Burgess needs work to get him 100% fit because he is way down on his best speed. Some could argue even a half fit Burgess is better. I would say not but Shaun Wane opted for Burgess on the left and moved Marshall to the right v Warrington instead of Davies. If people rate Marshall, I presume it is on two particular tries but every winger, Manfredi has scored more difficult tries. Personally, it is an easy choice IMO.
markill

Post by markill »

I thought it was also harsh to drop young Davies too. But I do think a fit and firing Manfredi is still the best of those 3.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod