Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Tonights game

Post by Firestarter »

Tommy has never been able to get a pack going forward( never has, never will)....hes a decent hooker...... i told everybody i know this and now they are all agreeing( suprise suprise).......although sam T is one ov my all time favourite players, i doubt he is ever gonna be the same as he once was......pity but some injuries never go out of ur head......gels is another who isnt being coached( or doesnt listen) because hes always out of position and is just a batfering ram.....another problem is the hookers..... i prefer mm but powell is decent.....we should stick too one of them in the 17 as powell isnt an impact hooker......wane says hes mad...... were not..... we love boring rugby.......one other moan is the state( again) of the pitch...... was this a tactic to stop wires passing game ?it certainly ruined the game and looked like an army ov moles had been on there at half time......its not good at all
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:because as said and repeatadly ignored by the Expert fans. Smith ran the show . just as saints form improved when he came back from injury.
There has not been a "show" for about two or three seasons. Our attack has been poor for far too long. Smith had a handful of good games a season and for the rest of the time was poor. He scared no one in the opposition team and never took the line on. Probably because he knows he hasn't got any pace.

The problem isn't the lack of Smith but a clueless coach.
just not true though.

people forget how bad we were the season we followed Deacons attack plan. they said at start of the season we where trying something new it didnt work deacon moved to sale and wane got blamed for the attack.

we have had issues since Harris left for salford.

but im going to have to disagree with you on smith, id agree he only have a few very good games but 99% of the time he was good and solid (goal kicking apart) he spends the entire 80 minutes organising talking and looking for the options. we had a very similar injury crisis last year but we won the GF. we had a settled halves with smith organising Williams was allowed to play what he saw/wanted.
Last season opposition players were on Williams like moths round a candle because they knew they could ignore any threat from Smith. If he pulled something out of hat occasionally I'd say that was down to him. Why he isn't looking as good this season could also be down to him. We are still playing the split halves so he has his side to himself just as he did last season.

As to previous better Wigan attacks when Harris and Deacon were here there are two things to say about that. Firstly TL was playing in those sides, not Smith. Secondly if the attacking tactics was all down to them, why has this not been realised and Wane not moved on? It just means past success isn't his to take credit for so he has not even the trophies to fall back on.

I don't go for this attacking coach idea anyway. Who is Cas's attacking coach? I suspect they don't have one. It's just Powell doing his job. If they have got one he must be mightily fed up with all the plaudits Powell is getting for his hard work!

Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I think the second half was a s bad a display as I've seen for a long time. Very few played well - Tony Clubb was impressive as opposed to Sutton who needs to be sat down by the coaches and have his future fortune read.
I really would pay off FPN now and if you want to know why we will always concede tries - look at Gelling shooting out of the line and being in no mans land. I praised him last week but tonight was the same old same old.
What really worried me was that we never looked to break down Warrington and score in the second half - it was just the same old slog down the middle and I thought Bateman looked injured, which would be the crowning blow.
I suspect Child didn't make a real difference but the lack of vision on the offside was truly appalling.
We deserved to lose and if it meant that if we learnt something from it, it would be worth it - but I doubt it.
And please can we keep SOL and MM on the pitch for longer..........

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We turned down two points in the first half and had two opportunities to go for the two in the second half.
At 10-8 two points would have put us an unconverted try in front. Wire already had two unconverted tries.
Take the two and the team feels better with points scored.
Don't take the two then don't score that's a massive lift for the opposition.
In tight games Andy Farrell or Sinfield would have kicked the goal every time. We though, all look to the stand to be told what they should do.
A lesser version of that ludicrous loss to Widnes last year.
Thoroughly fed up of very poor game management.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote: In tight games Andy Farrell or Sinfield would have kicked the goal every time. We though, all look to the stand to be told what they should do.
Not the first time that has happened this season though is it? Wane is too bloody arrogant to notice what is going on on the pitch. It happened v Saints and it happened v Wire previously.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Clueless. Devoid of any idea whatsoever in attack.

Cannot think of a single player who would get more than 5/10 tonight.

I said that if we kept on improving we have a very slim chance of the top 4. We have gone backwards.

Bateman is nowhere near his best.

Tomkins is average (and that's being generous)

FPN is garbage.

Tommy has lost pace.

Williams is either injured or fatigued.

I could go on.

Dull to watch and mid table at best.

With the best squad in the league by far we should not be here.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Toothless,abject,uncoordinated. Wire were shocking and scored off 3 kicks. I've been trying to stay positive all season,but that second half was dire.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If I was IFL I would be worried, people will start voting with their feet.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:If I was IFL I would be worried, people will start voting with their feet.
Especially now that we need a miracle for the play offs .
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:If I was IFL I would be worried, people will start voting with their feet.
I had a long hard think about renewing the season ticket for this season but I did it.

Doing a round trip from Chester in 2018 just be frustrated at watching good players look bad for another season is going to make renewing again a tougher debate. Even if we win the CC.

If Wane went I'd give the club the money now. If he stays? Not sure they will get it next year and that will break a record of having a season ticket from the Central Park days.