I blame Bilko.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

I blame Bilko.

Post by ian.birchall »

Sorry Bilko but the shambles this season is all down to you. I have been an appassionato of you ever since the match at Hull KR several seasons ago where we needed to win to finish top.
We were getting thrashed about 22-0 when you could not take any more so you left your place and went to find the KR pie-wagon.
You came back onto the terraces eating your pie but stood in a different spot and the tide turned. You told us that you realised it was because you had been standing in the wrong place as KR waltzed away from us.
You were right of course, I have known that myself for years knowing how the fates depend on me doing the right thing at the right time in the right place.
For those who mock your and my involvement in the team success I would point out my direct involvement in the shock defeat at Salford in the cup which brought our amazing run in the Challenge Cup to a shatttering end.
Over the years I always took a flask of hot vimto to the match for the adrenalin rush when the team needed it. I was queuing to get in at the Weaste and just as youngest son and me got to the gate I realised that I had left the flask in the car and was turning around out of the queue when youngest son told me not to be daft, we didn't need it to beat Salford and rashly I believed him and we all know how that ended.
I always thought it was my routine which was the key to success but having tried everything this season but to absolutely no result I now realise it was all down to you
We need you back on that lucky spot,the honeymoon must be deferred until after the Grand Final.I am sure the future Mrs Bilko will understand.????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Bilko

Re: I blame Bilko.

Post by Bilko »

It was 26-0 we were down. I was standing with the missus then went for food and moved and we started a comeback so I stayed put and away from her. :D

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Bilko wrote:It was 26-0 we were down. I was standing with the missus then went for food and moved and we started a comeback so I stayed put and away from her. :D
The missus sounds like Mrs Birchall. She was banned from attending important or vital matches by our two sons who christened her 'Jonah'. All the best for the wedding and the next 50 years.
I hope one day we hear you back on Wish FM, I always thought you were much more realistic on the commentary than Dave? Mills and added to the match pleasure win or lose.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Cheers. Won't be back on the radio though. Those days are gone.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Bilko wrote:Cheers. Won't be back on the radio though. Those days are gone.
I have to say that is such a shame.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield