Davies or Marshall?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Davies or Marshall?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Gelling for me has been shocking this season and to be honest he only had a decent game 25% of the time last season.
He's good though, cos he comes to work on a BMX! I must have been good when I went to work on my pushbike when I was an apprentice!!
yes i get what you mean about the bmx......its what he does on the field what matters too me
doesnt he only come on a bmx because the police took his car off him?, not sure the reason he referred to it in the "rap" song he did about sutton not picking him up

He has been poor this season, i think more than anything its down to lack of game time
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Manfredi!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Manfredi!
dom told my dad hes back in three weeks last Saturday
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Billgreenwoodss​on​ wrote:I am intrigued. Why do so many people these days write "would of" when they clearly mean "would have". It is almost as annoying as when people say that something is "very unique" or "quite unique" ---- the very word unique means the only one of its kind; unlike anything else, so it is either unique or it isnt and cannot be quite or very unique. My apologies as this is clearly nothing at all to do with my beloved Wigan Rugby team!!!!!!
It's annoying isn't it?

People often write as they speak, make awful grammar mistakes, then claim that people are "grammar nazi's" when correcting them.

I just leave them be now. If they want to carry on looking stupid then more fool them.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Manfredi!
Cannot argue that a fully fit and confident Manfredi is better that both players at this stage in their careers. However. that was not was being asked at this moment of the season

I think it was firestarter that got it bob on. Dropping Marshall and then returning him against wire because, well, it was wire, was ridiculous!

As for the thread derailing and going into the Gelling pro and con. Gelling has stunk this season when he has been in the side. No issue over that.

No other options and that is something he club needs to look to address in the close season. We are lucky we have Gildart and that his form has not been as poor despite his own injury issues this season. We lack cover and players simply waltz back into the side as their is NO competition for places there
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
markill

Post by markill »

My order of wingers at the club would be:

1 Burgess (yes, he hasn't looked fully fit in his sprints this year but even with numerous games at centre he's still better than a try a game in 2017)
2 Manfredi
3 Davies
4 Marshall

I'm satisfied with those four wingers in our squad.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Davies gets the nod!!!

Matt
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

After last night I think we can put to bed the discussion about the right wing spot.
Tremendous player Davies, fantastic work ethic and a better all round player.

As for Marshall then I can see him putting some pressure on budgie (and those who know me know how hard that is for me to say) as I feel the work ethic needs to be raised.

Still think budgie has that bit more "class" but seems to be just not quite 100%.

With Manfredi coming back soon what a tremendous position to be in for wingers and real credit to Marshall and Davies for their effort this season.
A real unexpected bonus and have passed all expectations with regards to their development.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote:Blame our coach for dropping marshall when he was on fire....... that knocked his confidence in my opinion.......he also dropped forsythe after his best game for us
Sort on. Wane over thinking things again. No need to drop Marshall for a rest when he did. No signs of a problem and Wane goes and makes one.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

I wish we had the same problem for the centre and half back at this time