Tonights Game v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The booze hound

Re: Tonights Game v Leeds

Post by The booze hound »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I would pick Joel over him all day long!
I would too personally, i think Joel offers a lot more, trouble with Joel he does have a element of gelling in him in that when he has a bad game he is awful.
I think our opponents would also prefer Isa being picked over Joel and that speaks volumes!
Your second guessing our opponents thoughts on who they'd rather face between Isa and J.Tomkins and saying that that speaks volumes? ????????
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

The booze hound wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: I would too personally, i think Joel offers a lot more, trouble with Joel he does have a element of gelling in him in that when he has a bad game he is awful.
I think our opponents would also prefer Isa being picked over Joel and that speaks volumes!
Your second guessing our opponents thoughts on who they'd rather face between Isa and J.Tomkins and saying that that speaks volumes? ????????
What do you expect, he is Joels biggest fan
SJ

Post by SJ »

Re ISA and JT. I think both are average Thought overall ISA had a good defensive game. Re M M thought he had a good game looked fit after his long lay off. Can only get better one hopes which will please TBW????
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

jao711 wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
jao711 wrote: I would also like to put in a big rap for the much criticised Willie Isa.
Big Rap?

Isa played well, Not stupid enough to say he did not BUT in a dead rubber to our opponents AND with them having an odd player or two out. Don't you think he should have looked a better player than what he has served up this season?

Or are you of the opinion that that was Leeds' first choice pack?

The only thing that really amazed me and NO ONE has touched on this, was how good, despite the conditions, our handling was. Less pressure on us defensively - of course. Leeds dropped and also gave plenty of penalties - of course. How those facts changed the game is hypothetical but by possession alone Leeds gave themselves no chance
Big rap because on this board it's usually just the opposite as far as Willie is concerned.A good team player is Willie,never shirks the hard work and does it every week.Every team needs at least one of those players.It's not spectacular but necessary.As I posted last week you can't please everybody.
+1
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I think our opponents would also prefer Isa being picked over Joel and that speaks volumes!
And that's it!!!

We've got to the point we are arguing who is worse, when the fact is neither should be anywhere near the first team. Both players well past their best and should have been moved on
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

jao711 wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
jao711 wrote: I would also like to put in a big rap for the much criticised Willie Isa.
Big Rap?

Isa played well, Not stupid enough to say he did not BUT in a dead rubber to our opponents AND with them having an odd player or two out. Don't you think he should have looked a better player than what he has served up this season?

Or are you of the opinion that that was Leeds' first choice pack?

The only thing that really amazed me and NO ONE has touched on this, was how good, despite the conditions, our handling was. Less pressure on us defensively - of course. Leeds dropped and also gave plenty of penalties - of course. How those facts changed the game is hypothetical but by possession alone Leeds gave themselves no chance
Big rap because on this board it's usually just the opposite as far as Willie is concerned.A good team player is Willie,never shirks the hard work and does it every week.Every team needs at least one of those players.It's not spectacular but necessary.As I posted last week you can't please everybody.
Last season Isa got some unwarranted critism. This season he has gotten what he deserves. A very mediocre player not performing and only in the side due to the injury situation

Now dress that up how you want. but to claim every team needs players who are as poor as Isa has been this season is insulting the intelligence

Name any of the sides above us where he would walk into their first team?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The booze hound wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: I would too personally, i think Joel offers a lot more, trouble with Joel he does have a element of gelling in him in that when he has a bad game he is awful.
No funnily enough I am giving an opinion that I think our opponents coaches would prefer to look at our 17 and see Isa in it rather than Joel, which again in my opinion suggests they rate Joel above Isa!!

I am sure forums are all about opinions, if I am wrong then can we just all stick to facts please? That ok?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I think our opponents would also prefer Isa being picked over Joel and that speaks volumes!
I am certainly not yours! However boring our rugby has been this season it's not a patch on your trolling!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
The booze hound wrote: Your second guessing our opponents thoughts on who they'd rather face between Isa and J.Tomkins and saying that that speaks volumes? ????????
I am certainly not yours! However boring our rugby has been this season it's not a patch on your trolling!!
awww come on, i thought we where buds, you know it's only a bit of banter :)
TrueBlueWarrior

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:What do you expect, he is Joels biggest fan
awww come on, i thought we where buds, you know it's only a bit of banter :)
Meds? I am losing track! Think I need Gene Hackman and Will Smith to keep an eye on who's who on here!!