Sam T

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Sam T

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Take a bow!, best game he has had in years looked just like the old Sam probing the defence causing loads of problems dangerous all match long and made a few really good tackles especially the Salford break.

I really hope his confidence grows after this and he starts trusting his body again. A lot of fans wrote him off me included and i hold my hands up i may have spoken too soon.

One swallow doesn't make a summer but if he can play at that level moving forward he can still be a force
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Re: Sam T

Post by fozzieskem »

I said a few weeks back its now a mental thing with him,he clearly wasnt fit last season (big big op that on his knee last year the warrington injury gave him that extra time to heal i feel).

Is he back,the Sam of old?only he can answer that of course but its close very close to being the real thing and not another false dawn.

Its mouthwatering if tgats the case
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

I'll hold me hands up, i gave him loads of grief and wrote him off, he put on a great show today and deservedly got MOM, let's hope it continues
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Match fitness and trusting his knee is what it's all been about. Just about there now,bring on the rest of the season.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Excellent performance.

He's set his bar so high that it's sort of expected, but if any other full-back have a performance like that, the plaudits would be coming thick and fast. His movement was excellent and that step is back. MOTM was fully deserved, and let's hope it's the start of a lot more.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

He's also proved myself wrong....... hes getting there quickly...... running, stepping and getting mire and mire involved....,.,PLAY IT AGAIN SAM
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote:He's also proved myself wrong....... hes getting there quickly...... running, stepping and getting mire and mire involved....,.,PLAY IT AGAIN SAM
or more and more even lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Cream always rises to the top!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Sam played very well as did MM.

Both have been out for a long period obviously. If they have got their confidence back and their fitness back this is great.

I hope this will flow through the team. We have lacked confidence and looked indecisive for weeks if not months. If senior players like these two are back on form and fit then it should lift the team.

While Sam T and MM rightly get the plaudits today, an honourable mention must go for Gildart who looks to me the first proper centre we have produced in a long time.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

Watching the BBC red button iPlayer last night Peacock hit the nail on the head when he said Sam is much better when he's willing to go where he might get hurt. Since his injuries he hasn't done that yesterday he did.

I've seen signs the last few weeks he was on his way back hopefully this is just the start.