Re: Waney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I don't think Wane is perfect at all, but I do think that at elite level sport it's all about winning and his record isn't bad at all considering.....however, if we stop winning trophies he goes, simple as that for me!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
warriorwilliams

Post by warriorwilliams »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I don't think Wane is perfect at all, but I do think that at elite level sport it's all about winning and his record isn't bad at all considering.....however, if we stop winning trophies he goes, simple as that for me!
Couldn't agree more.

In the last year Wane has steered the club towards a Grand Final win, a World Club Challenge win and now a Challenge Cup final - injuries aside that's a great achievement.

Ok, we could play better. But if we played exciting rugby and lost every week that wouldn't be better than playing boring and winning, would it?

Wane is a winner and as fans we could have been a lot worse off in the last 12 months. Negativity will always be there, and I don't begrudge somebody of their opinion, but sometimes being supportive is what's necessary.

Perhaps as Wigan fans we have become too accustomed to success and now some want more than just wins.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

warriorwilliams wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I don't think Wane is perfect at all, but I do think that at elite level sport it's all about winning and his record isn't bad at all considering.....however, if we stop winning trophies he goes, simple as that for me!
Couldn't agree more.

In the last year Wane has steered the club towards a Grand Final win, a World Club Challenge win and now a Challenge Cup final - injuries aside that's a great achievement.

Ok, we could play better. But if we played exciting rugby and lost every week that wouldn't be better than playing boring and winning, would it?

Wane is a winner and as fans we could have been a lot worse off in the last 12 months. Negativity will always be there, and I don't begrudge somebody of their opinion, but sometimes being supportive is what's necessary.

Perhaps as Wigan fans we have become too accustomed to success and now some want more than just wins.
Couldn't agree more, like I have always said in an ideal world we would win with entertaining rugby every week but it just isn't like that or at least it's very very rare!!

It's crazy to think that currently we have a better chance of winning a trophy this season than Cas who have been outstanding in general!

I just think Wane is very good in the games that really matter and like I said if we carry on winning things in my opinion that's what it's all about!

I know the Cas fans would swap our last couple of years with theirs in a heartbeat!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Warrior20 wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Yeh, some come on here to have a good moan and your point is?
It was more than obvious what the point was! It amazes me how so many people can be so negative all the time, always looking for faults due to an agenda rather than enjoying the fact we just won a semi final and will play at Wembley in a few weeks time!
If I want to pass comment I will do as I see fit. It"s called having an opinion!
Shall we say over the years I've watched better and worse Wigan teams than what we've got now, but what annoys me is the mindless, repeatitive tactics that are employed at this moment in time. If I can see it then it won't be difficult for opposing coaches to.
Wane is well past his sell by date but is untouchable.
Enjoy your moment as indeed I will, but I won't let it blind me to our inadequacies.
Happy clapping!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
It was more than obvious what the point was! It amazes me how so many people can be so negative all the time, always looking for faults due to an agenda rather than enjoying the fact we just won a semi final and will play at Wembley in a few weeks time!
If I want to pass comment I will do as I see fit. It"s called having an opinion!
Shall we say over the years I've watched better and worse Wigan teams than what we've got now, but what annoys me is the mindless, repeatitive tactics that are employed at this moment in time. If I can see it then it won't be difficult for opposing coaches to.
Enjoy your moment as indeed I will, but I won't let it blind me to our inadequacies.
Happy clapping!
We are indeed all entitled to our opinions, however much of it is such negative rubbish.That's my opinion.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Somebody elses opposite opinion to yours will always be negative rubbish if you don't like it. Simple as that.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Somebody elses opposite opinion to yours will always be negative rubbish if you don't like it. Simple as that.
Negative is still negative even if you agree with it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
OJ wrote:Think it's an internet thing Warrior20 - before forums and general internet access to the world we'd go to the pub have a few jars and a moan and groan and tell our pals or anyone who cared to listen how we'd do things 'better' :D and that would be that and on we go to the next game. It's sport not life and death and these things have always happened and always will and it's way too easy for personal attacks to be made on people trying to do the best they can in circumstances we're not always aware of such as the Wakefield match last year when the majority of the team weren't fir to play (as in being ill that is!)
I'm sure Lee Radford does the best he can?
Wembley should be interesting, from where I'm sat the opposition has a better pack, better backs and better game management. Just an observation of course but as I say, should be interesting.
No point in buying a ticket then :D
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Like it or not, yesterday's result guarantees that he will be coach in 2018.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Happy clapping!
And if I want to comment I will do as I see fit!! I have not questioned your right an opinion but you have mine so I find your last post incredibly ironic.

"Happy clapping", didn't take long did it. No one on here can be positive without being called a happy clapper by the negative brigade. You don't like Wane or his tactics, we get it, just because I am not constantly criticising him doesn't mean I agree with the way Wigan are playing at the moment. You can't be the best all the time!!