Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Post by jaws1 »

Getting bored of Wane's tactics last season we watched crap rugby until the grand final win and all was forgotten.This season we have to endure crap rugby once again an injury crisis mode and hiding behind this ,tonight we had the strongest team out for a long time and still lost both teams had matches last week.Its the worst season we have had since Wayne took over and if we win at Wembley all will be forgotten again.Looks like our season is over after losing tonight a mountain to climb to get in top 4 .Getting to Wembley will probably have kept Wane in a job win or lose but I wont be renewing my season ticket next year if he is still in charge .
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Our guys only have eyes for one prize and that is in three weeks time.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Our guys only have eyes for one prize and that is in three weeks time.
That is just an excuse. We have been this poor long before we got to Wembley and knew we were in a final.
curryman

Post by curryman »

The get rid of Wane posts that appear on here every time we lose a game are disturbing. Its like the rugby equivalent of the "Wenger Out" campaign at Arsenal. It does not do Wigan RLFC any favours. It makes us look like a bunch of blinkered, arrogant, self entitled so and so's and it is, quite frankly, embarrassing.

The fact is Sean Wane is the second most successful coach Wigan have ever had (after John Monie). That's a fact. The rugby might not always be the most entertaining, at some times its been dreadful, but the fact is, only Monie has won more silverware for the club adn when it comes to the crunch, Wane delivers.

As people say to Arsenal fans, be careful what you wish for, because there are two directions you can go in and one of them is down.
curryman

Post by curryman »

Correction, Wane is 3rd most successful coach I forgot about Jim Sullivan in the 1930's.

Monie 9 trophies
Sullivan 7 trophies
Wane 5 trophies
West 4 trophies
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I find it strange reading some of these posts after so many poor displays this season how so many people can defend SW.We have been awful and all we get is the same statement"That was not good enough but we will go away and regroup and you will see a different team next week" Well we are seeing the same rubbish most of the time apart from the odd decent display.Wane is not solely to blame, IL is happy to soldier along without using the cheque book and hoping that every youngster that comes through the academy will succeed and all the so called projects we sign will do likewise.It isnt going to happen.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

The OP lost me a soon as they said they hope we lose the CC. Whatever you think of the coach and how we play I cant see how a wigan fan would say that unless they are a troll or CP!
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

curryman wrote:Correction, Wane is 3rd most successful coach I forgot about Jim Sullivan in the 1930's.

Monie 9 trophies
Sullivan 7 trophies
Wane 5 trophies
West 4 trophies
Look who's in fourth position, and we know how good he was...........one trophy behind.

Calling for Wanes head everytime we lose? Yes, we have lost a heck of a lot this season, funnily enough. It's embarrassing.

It's not just the silverware at the end of the season it's the actual season itself, and it's the return of investment to season ticket holders, which I'm guessing is frankly zero due to watching the same crap week in week out.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I really cant get my head round shauns comments."It was a fake scoreline at half time, We should have been 10- 0 down"....Ok so we score a good team try with sam providing a magic step and pass,tom goes the length of the field and imo have a perfectly good try scrubbed off( as the leeds man chose the wrong player too tackle).....Tell me if im wrong but doesnt this make it 10-16 if we kick the goal?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

Fujiman wrote:The OP lost me a soon as they said they hope we lose the CC. Whatever you think of the coach and how we play I cant see how a wigan fan would say that unless they are a troll or CP!
Yep. He did state that it really did pain him to say it.

I agree with him, I can't see us winning the CC anyway. Wane is bad for us going forward and any chance of him hanging on will kill this club.