Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Gelling

Post by Wiganer Ted »

He suffered tonight with missed tackles.
Where did Thaler get that penalty from when Gells tackled the Leeds man and the ball shot out towards touch, where did that pen come from? Gells couldn't have pulled the ball out or it would have gone infield.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote:
Seinfeld79 wrote:There is a request to sign world class imports but, surprisingly, they are not cheap and they soon eat into your salary cap without any guarantee that they can perform at the level to which you may expect.
So what is IL on about by the Wigan v Hull jaunt to Oz when he says it will put is in front to the queue for NRL signings?

Do we (and does he) want them or not? Is that statement just B/S to justify the jaunt?
Of course its B/S
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Awful display again by Gelling, how anyone can defend him beggars belief.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

He's a second rower at best and I've said that all along. Second rowers don't make good centres only in Wane's world.
For the record Gene Miles was the one and only exception that springs readily to mind!
As I keep saying, we've let better centres go than him.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
BriH

Post by BriH »

Wandering Warrior wrote:He's a second rower at best and I've said that all along. Second rowers don't make good centres only in Wane's world.
For the record Gene Miles was the one and only exception that springs readily to mind!
I think he would be better in the 2nd row as a substitute.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

I think he would be better for us at another club Or the second row of Billy Boston stand
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:He's a second rower at best and I've said that all along. Second rowers don't make good centres only in Wane's world.
Maybe not great centres, but very adequate ones. Plenty of sides, here and in the NRL, play second-rowers at centre at times. Personally, I'd be more than happy to see a Matt Gillett or a Mitch Aubisson or an Alex Glenn in a Wigan no. 3 shirt. Wouldn't you?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

yokozuna wrote:I've defended Gelling and his antics, as he always gives 100%.

But tonight he's been shocking defensively. They've scored all their tries down that side. Truly awful from Gelling.
Worst game I've seen gelling play, shocker.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

moto748 wrote:
Maybe not great centres, but very adequate ones. Plenty of sides, here and in the NRL, play second-rowers at centre at times. Personally, I'd be more than happy to see a Matt Gillett or a Mitch Aubisson or an Alex Glenn in a Wigan no. 3 shirt. Wouldn't you?
I think Gene Miles could still do a decent job at centre if the subject is the test piece! :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just watching Talapapa off featherstone...... he looks like hes worth a look for nxt season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE