Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
joeb

Re: Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Post by joeb »

Why would you get rid off the most successful coach in super league :o
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Simple, nothing lasts forever and he's past his sell by date. Noble used to be a successful coach. Furthermore I'd have thought perhaps McDermott is the most successful at the mo?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

joeb wrote:Why would you get rid off the most successful coach in super league :o
If you care to look back over this board at the time the "sack Noble/Noble most successful coach in SL" argument raged on, you will see people posting exactly the same sort of comment as you.

Do you think it was right to sack Noble or should we have persisted? What is different now? Why do you think it would be wrong to take drastic action if the performances (and explanations for them) remain as they do? Who do YOU blame?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Personally, I think Wane has "bought" himself a second chance with the trip to Wembley

Injuries, however you want to look at it, will always be Wane's excuse and it is a viable one

If the form and injuries and the general apathy continues in 2018, I think he will be gone ala Cunningham.

Let's hope the club are actively preparing for the bombshell scenario should it arise and not just limp from one poor decision to yet another
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I think Wane will stay but changes have to be made to get the
improvement we need.
This Friday's game is crucial. A win is expected, a loss is unacceptable. A poor loss and there could be trouble.
Waney has to shake up the squad.
Burgess isn't fit and should be replaced. If Farrell is fit ok, if not then he needs to be replaced.
Wasting two interchanges on MM and Powell won't get us anywhere. It didn't in 2015 and it won't this season either.
When we play Saints or Hull their forwards will be fitter and fresher because they will have 2 extra interchanges as they have Roby and Haughton playing 80 mins.
We need to end sets better which means keeping TL away from kicking on the 6th.
The club needs to hire an attacking coach who is quality and has a quality reputation.

joeb

Post by joeb »

Don't think so Wigan have won eight trophies in ten years no one else can say that not even McDermott
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I think Wane will stay but changes have to be made to get the
improvement we need.
This Friday's game is crucial. A win is expected, a loss is unacceptable. A poor loss and there could be trouble.
Burgess isn't fit and should be replaced. If Farrell is fit ok, if not then he needs to be replaced.
Wasting two interchanges on MM and Powell won't get us anywhere. It didn't in 2015 and it won't this season either.
When we play Saints or Hull their forwards will be fitter and fresher because they will have 2 extra interchanges as they have Roby and Haughton playing 80 mins.
The club needs to hire an attacking coach who is quality and has a quality reputation.

apart from this season for obvious reason how do you explain Wire who do well with 2 hookers?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
superleague

Post by superleague »

I'm sorry but there's some either very delusional fans or fans with serious cherry and white tinted specs if they think Wane is the right man to stay in charge.
The way we play is awful to watch it's boring, predictable, non existent attack, shocking defence, I'd rather watch paint dry.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Caboosegg wrote:
improvement we need.

apart from this season for obvious reason how do you explain Wire who do well with 2 hookers?
Yes, they should do well in the middle eights!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
improvement we need.

Yes, they should do well in the middle eights!
hence the apart from this season :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.