v Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

v Huddersfield

Post by butt monkey »

Bloody quiet on here tonight

Is everyone still asleep after that game or waiting for the drugs to kick in?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Caboosegg

Re: v Huddersfield

Post by Caboosegg »

only 10'000 crowd maybe only us happy clappers went :D
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

my view, for what its worth, defence very good and aggressive some really good scrambling defence.

Penalties (discipline) and general overall ball handling disappointing too many dropped balls (poor conditions)

Attack very flat and generally poor, for me lack of runners with intent and too many looping passes.

Performance wise, sam, davies and gilly best of the backs forward wise Farrell and TT.

Terrible atmosphere and lowish looking crowd.

Final points how long the FPN play? Williams and Bugdie are in the middle of a massive confidence crisis and finally Gelling, good try and good metres made but stripped one and one plus missed tackles.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Realistically only a crowd of 7000-8000 actually on tonight. No way was that a crowd of 10,000

Still at least you went caboosegg :wink:

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

acwrlfc wrote:
Final points how long the FPN play?
First 16 minutes and the last 8.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:Bloody quiet on here tonight

Not able to attend. Wasn't that bothered anyway and not for any negative vibes re Wane etc. I can't ever remember a game V Hudds that wasn't a dire spectacle long before we decided we could not attack.
doc

Post by doc »

DaveO wrote:
butt monkey wrote:Bloody quiet on here tonight

Not able to attend. Wasn't that bothered anyway and not for any negative vibes re Wane etc. I can't ever remember a game V Hudds that wasn't a dire spectacle long before we decided we could not attack.
You were lucky. Two hours from Runcorn to Wigan tonight due to race meet at Haydock followed by an Olly Murs concert there. Hated his insipid music before, hate it even more now.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Defence was solid,Budgie was Mr Teflon hands tonight,couldn't catch a ball to save his life which also resulted in the Hudds try. The drizzle ruined any chance of a free flowing game. Hudds employed cheap and grubby tactics all night.stamping on George in first half and tripping and then deliberately blocking Sam when he was running to the 20 metre line to take a quick tap.none of which was penalised by Bentham (surprise surprise). 2 points earned,move on.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

First time in 4 yrs i've missed a home match, my wife and son didn't want to go and to be truthful i couldnt be arsed either.
As season ticket holders we should never get to a point were you feel this way, over twitter plenty of people had the same feeling and those who went tweeted how dull it was.

Before anyone says the support through thick and thin rubbish, people are entitled to decide how they spend their family time together.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think the club has a huge crisis on their hands whether they like to admit it or not. Fans are definitely being turned off, now whether that's just the drab style Wigan are serving up or the state of rugby league in general is open for arguement but one thing is for sure fans are losing interest
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure