Is Super League Rigged?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Aaron C. Rescue

Re: Is Super League Rigged?

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

No
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Fawdoffshed wrote:Of course I'm biased, but does anyone else get the feeling nobody in the higher echelons of the RL actually wants Wigan to win anything?
I have had this feeling since LEEDS won the grand final against us that was due to a knock on not given against Leeds and it leading to the match winning try.The video ref again got it wrong and said the ball hit his leg and the ball went forwards,this was a biased decision he had lost control of the ball when tackled thus a obvious knock on. since then I have always had this feeling that the powers in the league do their best to make it as difficult as possible for us to win. The challenge cup game was the same another poor video ref decision, the match was very close and I think had we got the try awarded we would have gone on to win.There was a few poor decisions like when Hull had us under the cosh early in the second half Micky mac knocked the hull players arm and caused him to knock on but bent Bentham gave the knock on to them and even with wigan players asking to go to the video ref he would not. I am losing my respect for rugby league and believe we only win when we are really on top when we are in a close game you can bet 50 50 calls will go against us
SJ

Post by SJ »

No
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

First Try Tickle wrote:I know I'm on my own on this but I actually think the video ref got the Clubb decision right.

On the day and on the way home I was 100% it was a try but after watching again and again decided against.

Both Hull players have their hands on the ball, this is allowed as they are trying to stop him grounding it. If they was in the field of play, the ref would have shouted held and Clubb would have been released to play the ball.

However Clubb tried to roll over and ground the ball and this is what made the ball come out. I don't think either player pulled at it and this is how Child's saw it. Also Bentham had given No try so he had to over rule his decision. I could only be 50/50 so would go no try.

I know even Radford said it was a try, and all the Hull fans after the game did, but that's easy when you've won and cup is in your hands.

Now the semi final video decision from Thaler was totally wrong. He couldn't over rule, but then did. I seriously think he was told to by Sky to keep Salford in it and that's why its rigged in some ways.
No, there were 2 of you!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:I know I'm on my own on this but I actually think the video ref got the Clubb decision right.

On the day and on the way home I was 100% it was a try but after watching again and again decided against.

Both Hull players have their hands on the ball, this is allowed as they are trying to stop him grounding it. If they was in the field of play, the ref would have shouted held and Clubb would have been released to play the ball.

However Clubb tried to roll over and ground the ball and this is what made the ball come out. I don't think either player pulled at it and this is how Child's saw it. Also Bentham had given No try so he had to over rule his decision. I could only be 50/50 so would go no try.

I know even Radford said it was a try, and all the Hull fans after the game did, but that's easy when you've won and cup is in your hands.

Now the semi final video decision from Thaler was totally wrong. He couldn't over rule, but then did. I seriously think he was told to by Sky to keep Salford in it and that's why its rigged in some ways.
No, there were 2 of you!!
I watched the replay on the screen at Wembley and there was one clear angle which showed a Hull player pushing the ball upwards out of Clubb's grip in a two-man tackle. I turned to my wife and said "Penalty Try." That angle was then never shown again!
Even if Child didn't/couldn't/wouldn't see the Hull hand, then the ball would be seen to go backwards so it would be play on as it couldn't have touched a Hull player. Touch down - Try.
I wasn't surprised to see it disallowed as it became obvious that Child was using every chance (apart, of course, from the angle that showed Hull interference) to make sure Bentham couldn't be overruled.
There were better farces at the Whitehall Theatre.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Just to clarify - I don't think SL is rigged but I do think certain referees are not competent to run a match (or watch one, come to that.)
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Southern Softy wrote:Just to clarify - I don't think SL is rigged but I do think certain referees are not competent to run a match (or watch one, come to that.)
I think that sums it up perfectly. The officials in our game are poor at best.
As long as there's video ref back up why should they pull their plum out to do a proper job?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Fawdoffshed wrote:SS. Just be careful. You'll be tarred with the paranoia brush if you keep posting things like that.

Truthful though you are. :D
Good spot shed lad and a nice way to warn him about the giant chip! :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

No but i believe we have been (and i am sure all other teams fans will say the same) subjected to some strange ref decisions.

even watching some games as a neutral you can question some blatantly poor decisions

i can accept that the live ref can make errors (i am pretty certain none of us have ever made an error at work :) ), but to have someone with time and TV to review and still get thinks seriously wrong is simply unforgiveable IMO. It does look like at times that certain refs are doing their utmost to contradict themselves - i see no reason not to award a try (at least half a dozen times) then NO TRY appears

i dont get into all the conspiracy theories - just not worth the time and effort trying to believe that the RFL etc etc are trying to stop us winning - if we are good enough we will win and shouldnt need to make excuses about the RFL or refs
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Can anyone explain to me how when a ball is clearly ripped out and not given alla Club no try and last nights where there was little or no evidence of the ball being ripped out but a try awarded. Both went to the video ref and if you come to the reason being the refs decision was opposit i.e no try for Clubb try for Saints. I ask why have a video ref if he can not overrule the ref. I believe either we have the worst refs in rugby league or it is bent . I know what I believe