Is Super League Rigged?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Is Super League Rigged?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

After last night, it's clearly rigged!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

I maintain, as earlier, that the league isn't rigged. But after the debacle of Clubb's (non) try at Wembley we saw last night another rubbish decision.
Clearly the Sky commentators don't have the freedom to criticise as perhaps they would like to. But it seems the BBC's experts were less reticent. They clearly thought the decision over the Wembley try was a bad one.

And so to Ben Barba's "try" at St. Helens
The similarities with Tony Clubb's are screaming the need for a review of how to use the video ref.

In both cases a ball is lost over the line, then touched down.
OK, my vested interest is as a true Wigan fan. But Barba lost the ball and it went forward before he touched it. Clubb had the ball pulled out and it went backwards. Then knocked forward by the Hull tackler and then touched down.

But the onfield ref gave a decision which was wrong in both cases and was allowed to stand.

So why bother with the video ref? If they can't use common sense they shouldn't be there at all. Had neither match been on television and we'd had in goal judges as we do for the other games, would the decision be the same? I wonder.

So, no, it's not rigged. But it's a mess that really needs to be addressed. What we have at present just isn't good enough.

The video ref as we have it today is not fit for purpose because the rules are too restrictive and hide bound.
Stevethegas
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Eddie on commentary last night was nothing short of disgraceful!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Eddie on commentary last night was nothing short of disgraceful!
Nothing ever changes he has always been biased against Wigan,at least Stevo had a reason to hate Wigan which goes back to when playing in Aus a ex wigan great decked him and I believe they were playing for the same side. From then on he hated everything to do with Wigan perhaps this hate has influenced Eddie into being biased against Wigan. It is best to watch sky with the sound turned down
pedro

Post by pedro »

nellywelly wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Eddie on commentary last night was nothing short of disgraceful!
Nothing ever changes he has always been biased against Wigan,at least Stevo had a reason to hate Wigan which goes back to when playing in Aus a ex wigan great decked him and I believe they were playing for the same side. From then on he hated everything to do with Wigan perhaps this hate has influenced Eddie into being biased against Wigan. It is best to watch sky with the sound turned down
He was still good friends with Bill after that
Billgreenwoodsson

Post by Billgreenwoodsson »

To my mind it is pure and simple. If the referee is unsure whether it is a try or not how the hell can he take a guess? Simple. Refer it to the video ref and let him look at anything he feels will help him get right decision. OR simply abandon the video ref idea on the basis that most matches do not have a vid ref so its not a level playing field!!!