Krisnan Inu

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
morley pie eater

Re: Krisnan Inu

Post by morley pie eater »

Good point, Meds, but I'm not sure that Inu is the player I'd bring in.

For me the priority is an open-field kicker and game manager. Like a Sneyd, Gale, even McShane type of player. Not saying sign one of these, but an Aussie who can do the job. Cooper Cronk would do nicely. If he's not available, Dobson leaves Salford this time. Not perfect but arguably better than we've had recently in kicking/ game management?

I'm not convinced of Sam at half back. What recent, first grade experience does he have? To me, it's a bit like all the noise about Rocky being the Messiah - someone's dream, but too many question marks.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

morley pie eater wrote:Good point, Meds, but I'm not sure that Inu is the player I'd bring in.

For me the priority is an open-field kicker and game manager. Like a Sneyd, Gale, even McShane type of player. Not saying sign one of these, but an Aussie who can do the job. Cooper Cronk would do nicely. If he's not available, Dobson leaves Salford this time. Not perfect but arguably better than we've had recently in kicking/ game management?

I'm not convinced of Sam at half back. What recent, first grade experience does he have? To me, it's a bit like all the noise about Rocky being the Messiah - someone's dream, but too many question marks.
ST played 6 during the early stages of Maguire in 2010 until Roberts injury Easter Monday against Wakey. Williams could always go to 7 but we play split halves so much the same dependant on sides they are on.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Come on SEFC you say we won't sign a centre implying you know which position(s) we will make signings for.
Can you enlighten us on what these positions may be?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I read somewhere that higginson was fit again
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Higginson played 60 mins for reserves this weekend.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Should of signed him before he went to Catalan
SJ

Post by SJ »

The Yonner wrote:I agree centre cover is a weakness which should be addressed, but the priority for me would be the dummy half position. Our current guys give plenty of effort, but are well behind in comparison with Houghton, Roby, Clark and especially McShane, who makes a massive contribution for Cas.

I would go to Australia if necessary to get a top class player,and have Tommy as cover. With Sam T moving to the halves I am sure we would be much more potent and organized.

Of course the more organized part is additionally dependent on having a coach who knows what he is doing...
Ditto
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Watching Hull KR v Cats. I've never seen Gells have the kind of nightmare game that Inu is having. Wouldn't pay him in washers.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

morley pie eater wrote:Watching Hull KR v Cats. I've never seen Gells have the kind of nightmare game that Inu is having. Wouldn't pay him in washers.
I didn't seem all the game, but I did see him butcher a good scoring chance. That said, I've generally liked what I've seen from him in the NRL. And, as I've said elsewhere, I wouldn't necessarily pay to much concern to poor form at Cats; see Escaré as an example.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

We would be replacing one unreliable player with another, cant see the point