New signings for next year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: New signings for next year

Post by pedro »

Wiganer123 wrote:Yeah I am counting the year he was at Catalan and the year he was st Canberra, both of which are the last two years not the three clubs you mention before that.

An Aussie international? He has played for them once. If he is so great why has he signed for a championship team. Surely if he is so great Aussie/super league teams would be all over him to sign for them. Please don't say "he signed for Toronto" so therefore can't get out of it - we all know contracts aren't worth that much and if an Aussie team wanted him he could get out of the Toronto deal and sign with them.

He is fat and lazy no thanks.
Greg Bird is poor also with that reckoning.

1 appearance is still an interantional like Semi Radradra, but hes poor also eh
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He is a Fijian, though, to be fair...
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

By what reckoning? Greg bird played for Gold Coast for 6 years before signing for Catalan. Pretty sure he has played for Australia more than once too... I don't get what point you are trying to make?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

There has been a rumour that we are signing James Maloney from Cronulla as half back and Sam Thadai from Brisbane in the back row.However it has come to light we are after Fred O mahoney whom plays for Chorley Pickled Onion RU works side and Sam Thursday who plays for Ormskirk veterans.IL says he thinks they will develop into SL players eventually
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wiganer123 wrote:By what reckoning? Greg bird played for Gold Coast for 6 years before signing for Catalan. Pretty sure he has played for Australia more than once too... I don't get what point you are trying to make?
hes been over here twice
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

I really don't get what your point is?

Also, I don't actually think I said that Dave Taylor was a poor. I said that I wouldn't want him at Wigan and if he was so great then why has a super league or NRL club not signed him.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wiganer123 wrote:I really don't get what your point is?

Also, I don't actually think I said that Dave Taylor was a poor. I said that I wouldn't want him at Wigan and if he was so great then why has a super league or NRL club not signed him.
toronto are loaded and is a nicer country to live in than here. They have the largest sponsorship deal in the northern hemisphere and can spend the same cap as us.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote:
Wiganer123 wrote:I really don't get what your point is?

toronto are loaded and is a nicer country to live in than here. They have the largest sponsorship deal in the northern hemisphere and can spend the same cap as us.
I wish that Toronto's owner would take over at the RFL he may teach them how to get mega bucks sponsorship & promote our game?

Even Sky have 'demoted' us to a channel which also shows other sports which they deem as "inferior" to football!

On Saturday they have just changed the viewing to show the game between Wakefield v Wigan, originally it was basketball!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

It sounds like the reason he signed for Toronto is because it's a nice place to live and he gets paid loads of money? If that's the case then according to you we wouldn't ever be able to sign him so it's hardly worth discussing.

What about Australia though, is that not a nice country to live in and isn't their salary cap higher than ours.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

The only two signings worth worrying about are a new number 7 and a new coach.

If we don't get these, then another dreadful season lies in wait.