Should Wane Go ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
acwrlfc

Re: Should Wane Go ?

Post by acwrlfc »

If that is the case, given a year to sort things out, is in my opinion a recipe for disaster. What will he in that space of time to change things, punish the players even more, more detailed reviews,

I am sorry, its a nonsense, this was a great opportunity to change things, a longer off season then normal etc.

I would be surprised if anybody on this site thinks he can change his ways.

I am so disappointed if true, because our decline will continue with this coach and the many cliques that exist. I hate it when he calls the players his mates, Its not right

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Fawdoffshed wrote:A reliable source informs me that he has another season to sort things out. Please don't shoot the messenger. :D
And unfortunately the folk going through the gates will have another season to witness his failings!?!
Fawd, bullets and guns are illegal so no shooting. I've felt and used the thick end of a snooker bat a few times though. :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Fawdoffshed wrote:A reliable source informs me that he has another season to sort things out. Please don't shoot the messenger. :D
As the chairman did on Sunday evening you mean?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Yes fozzie, I interpreted IL's words as meaning a season to sort it.
He didn't seem inpressed with 6 trophies from 2010-13 and only from 2014-7 plus the WCC.

There's a lot to put right and it had all better start very soon!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Yes fozzie, I interpreted IL's words as meaning a season to sort it.
He didn't seem inpressed with 6 trophies from 2010-13 and only from 2014-7 plus the WCC.

There's a lot to put right and it had all better start very soon!
That’s how I interpreted His words too Ted,No mystery source is needed when the chairman pretty much tells us he ain’t happy,now I would say he more than a little “light” on the details of how things are going to be put right but that’s for another day
SJ

Post by SJ »

It's a yes from me.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Not wishing to stir the pot, but last year and the early part of this year the Leeds fans were calling for Brian McDermott's head! Bet they were glad they hadn't got their way on Saturday night.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

PF Warrior wrote:Not wishing to stir the pot, but last year and the early part of this year the Leeds fans were calling for Brian McDermott's head! Bet they were glad they hadn't got their way on Saturday night.
Like I said above, they had a bad season after major changes to the team. We on the other hand have been getting steadily worse for three seasons. IL acknowledged this in his speech. Hethrington put his coach on notice early this season when things started poorly.

And let's not underestimate the effect of your opponents in a final ban arguably the best full back in the competition just before the final and the effect that will have had on a team who looked streets ahead of the rest.
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

The example is there for all to see at our nearest and dearest rivals. A coach who was a playing legend but didn't cut the mustard as a coach was removed and a new guy installed. Result? there for all to see. Winning ways with roughly the same playing staff; nearly made the GF; fans back on-side and can't wait for next season. Open your eyes Mr Chairman and ACT.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

georgeorwell wrote:The example is there for all to see at our nearest and dearest rivals. A coach who was a playing legend but didn't cut the mustard as a coach was removed and a new guy installed. Result? there for all to see. Winning ways with roughly the same playing staff; nearly made the GF; fans back on-side and can't wait for next season. Open your eyes Mr Chairman and ACT.
You mean that team with a new coach who their fans love, that we beat twice last season - and should have won all 3 if Tierney had punched that bomb into touch !