Wont be bothering with this shower of Sh*** next season!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Wont be bothering with this shower of Sh*** next season!

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I won't hold my breath.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Hooker
I'm just trying to take a bit of sting out of it.
The last couple of seasons the entertainment has been poor at best but the situation has been worse and that was my point. I'm not happy and I want to see the back of Wane, forget the attack coach, but as I said, I go because if I stop I'll get out of the habit.
I'll wait, like most have said, till the deadline.
Totally agree entertainment the last two seasons has been dire. I've felt that I've been dragging myself to match days, where before I couldn't wait for it, which is sad. I am renewing my season ticket because of a sense of duty over anything else, in hope that we've hit rock bottom and the only way now is up.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

What doesn't equate with some of the comments on here is that Wigan were second highest try scorers.
That's fact.
We're desperately short of a reliable goalkicker, the scouts know it, the coaches know it and we the fans know it. Finding one and who he would replace in the side is a different matter. I believe Jarrod Croker was a target but he decided to stay in Aus.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I think what's happened with Leeds this season really hasn't helped our cause.

Even though they dropped down into the middle 8's, they didn't panic and sack McDermott, and they didn't bring any new players in, except for Parcell, who really was a replacement for Segeyaro. Next thing they know they are champions.

Lenagan must look at this and think he has to give Wane another year to see if he can match this.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

First Try Tickle wrote:I think what's happened with Leeds this season really hasn't helped our cause.

Even though they dropped down into the middle 8's, they didn't panic and sack McDermott, and they didn't bring any new players in, except for Parcell, who really was a replacement for Segeyaro. Next thing they know they are champions.

Lenagan must look at this and think he has to give Wane another year to see if he can match this.
But they did bring in Parcell, a player who has had a massive influence on them, the difference is leeds have addressed an area of weakness with quality.

We would of thrown ganson in and just made do
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

I think Warrington are much more likely to 'do a Leeds' than us next season. New coach, new assistant (another missed opportunity for us), a fit Ben Currie and a couple of quality additions.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

No straw damn us wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I won't be on my own when I say I can remember second division rugby!?!
I can't knock anybody that doesn't want to get an ST, if I stop I'll get out of the habit and I'm not ready for that yet.
Oh for the days of Jimmy Hornby, Ness Flowers, Jinkin Jimmy Fairhurst, Steve Brehney, Terry Hollingsworth, Billy Melling etc etc.
I wonder what this messageboard would have been like then.
Many on here wouldn't know a good team, or a bad one for that matter if they were stood alongside them.
Exactly, I'm with both of you. The worst wasn't playing in Division 2, it was the year we were relegated - many games when only George Fairbairn seemed to be trying.

To make it worse, I worked with a gang of Yorkshire lads and suffered for it all week every week. This season pales into insignificance..... :)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I won't be on my own when I say I can remember second division rugby!?!
I can't knock anybody that doesn't want to get an ST, if I stop I'll get out of the habit and I'm not ready for that yet.
Oh for the days of Jimmy Hornby, Ness Flowers, Jinkin Jimmy Fairhurst, Steve Brehney, Terry Hollingsworth, Billy Melling etc etc.
I wonder what this messageboard would have been like then.
Many on here wouldn't know a good team, or a bad one for that matter if they were stood alongside them.
Comparing eras is impossible, yes there have been bad Wigan sides but that does not make this lot a good one.If you want to spend your money watching todays team fine, im sure Mr lenagan will be over the moon and he will rub his hands as you keep handing it over.Personally I have no intention of giving my money to him to allow him to continue with the poor rugby being served up.
I don't think the point was to compare eras, or not in terms of players anyway. I took it as comparing being a fan now with being one in 1979-80. And, for me, comparing the attitude of the team then and now.

Team spirit may have been questionable this year in the last 2 games, and possibly away at Cas. But in 79 it was worse than that for virtually every match!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Dave-C wrote:Well, its all been said.

We know the problems, we know what needs doing, we've said it year after year after year.

And yet still no change!

Cannot seriously understand any paying fan who could stomach the same for next year. Theres being a fan, and then theres being a plain mug. At the end of the day you'd be lining the pockets of these idiots for supplying nothing but boring entertainment in a dying sport.

Im not a troll on here but signing off as due to the recent admission of no change for next year, I wont be watching it or paying for it. The sport as a whole is run by complete idiots (RFL) who haven't got a clue how to run a business, advertise it or ensure it is properly funded and attracts viewers.

I have seen nothing but dire circumstances in a sport which used to be great. Not just because we were winning but because of the entertainment value, the family value, the loyalty. But the way the club is now mugging off and treating the fans, that loyalty will soon diminish, as will their season ticket sales.

And this attitude is imo why rugby league is dying!!!! We don't have the support backup like other sports, so when we get a typical reaction at the end of every season like this we lose a supporter but rarely gain one!!!

Despite what we've dished up on the field this season I couldn't imagine never watching my beloved Wigan Rugby...............a mug maybe............a Wigan supporter most definitely.

Matt
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

mickw wrote:I'm not happy as shown in my posts but im a supporter ,I was there in second division day's all be it I was only 13 and I was there in 2006 .

I've suffered ian bloody millward denis moran harvey howard and worse ,so I'm sure the older more philosophical maybe more cynical me can put up with this lot.after all said and done its sport you don't win all the time ,just change the style please.
I have been through all that you went through the difference the gang of 6 changed Wigan completely .With IL chairmans speech does not give me much hope for the future we have been going backwards the last 3 seasons .Been a supporter for 65 years most of the years with season ticket will I be renewing No unless things change.The game has changed completely there are no more individual players any more.The RFL are a joke televised matches video refs take 5 minutes to make a decision and then get it wrong. The TV money should have been spent mostly on SL clubs instead of being distributed thinly after all its them what has the inconvenience of changed fixtures and without SL clubs there would be no money at all.