Warriors linked to move for rising South Sydney star

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Warriors linked to move for rising South Sydney star

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

question is will he even play?

we've had a few signings over recent years who hardly ever or didn't even get a game

Hopkins
Romain

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Another Project then? Just like we need instead of an established player. Never played in the Nrl but Hes good enough for us to develop and then he will be off back .Unbeleivable.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

He was recommended to Rads by both McGuire and Pat Richards. That'll do for me.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

He can't be that highly recommended, or the Rabittohs would have kept him on. It seems like he's never broken into the squad. He's like one of our U19's who doesn't get a new contract so goes to Swinton or Whitehaven.

But Wane will bulk him up, tell him to stop stepping and play as another prop. He's not going to get a chance in the second row with Bateman, Farrell and Joel.

Ok he may turn out ok in a couple of seasons, but it's experienced players we need.

Don't think we really snapped him up, or it deserved an email to all season tickets holders telling us the good news.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

This is a ridiculous signing.

If you watch the Chairman's address from the end of season dinner he is telling us we have the best sporting academy bar none in any sport.

So what do we do? We go and sign a 20 year old "project" from overseas. Why has he got any better chance of making the grade than one of our own young players? He's not!

Apart from the obvious hypocrisy of doing this, we don't need more young players. We need experience and leadership on the park.

Wane is no good with project players anyway. Gelling is still making the same mistakes now as he did when he set foot on the pitch for the first time.

Still this is what you get when you send Radlinski looking for players and a chairman who won't fire the coach.

It's amateurish.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO my wife bless her said pretty much the same thing,why on earth do we need another young player when we have Orell stock full of them,the only reason I can think this is the start of the blossoming wave of signings due to the Oz trip,which as we all know is a massive success already.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:DaveO my wife bless her said pretty much the same thing,why on earth do we need another young player when we have Orell stock full of them,the only reason I can think this is the start of the blossoming wave of signings due to the Oz trip,which as we all know is a massive success already.
I just don't get it. If he was ready for first team footy he'd have had the odd run out for his team already and he hasn't. He's only signed a two year deal anyway so even if he turns out to be better than any of our academy players, just who are we training him up for?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

He's already been measured for a leotard for training!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

It's said he can play 13 also,let's give the lad a chance before writing him off,would we have been happier signing a 33 year old forward like Hoffman? I get the feeling the club gets criticised no matter who they sign personally I'd prefer a young hungry forward than somebody wanting a pension,as already has been pointed out we have a pack with plenty of experience.