SCOUSERS: OUTCLASSED AND OUTSUNG

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brian Edgar

SCOUSERS: OUTCLASSED AND OUTSUNG

Post by Brian Edgar »

I only heard 2 scouse songs all night - who the f***ing hell are you and you've only got one song. I'm sure you'll agree that the team answered the first question whilst our unbelievable travelling support rammed the second song down their throats. In 23 years of watching Wigan, this has to have been the most enjoyable season and the best group of fans we've had. There is a togetherness and an atmosphere surrounding the club that I can't recall since we began our march back to the top in the early 80's under Murphy. We've been through some tough times this year, written off by our rivals and ridiculed by Latics muppets who thought we were dead in the water. This has made the fans pull together and the song TAKE ME HOME WIGAN ROAD sums up how much we feel about this great club of ours. At last we have a team built around local talent and coached by a local lad. Two things that we all feel passionate about.
Well done lads at Knowsley Road(on and off the pitch) You were fantastic.
Can anyone recall a more wild celebration than that which greeted Carney's 2nd try?
iago

Re: SCOUSERS: OUTCLASSED AND O...

Post by iago »

Totally agree.
The fans were up for it at the end of the Halifax game ("bring on the scousers") and the party continued at KR.
The performance by the Wigan team was outstanding and our fans just rocked the place - Saints fans were just stunned into almost silence.
A few minutes into the game I heard a Saint's fan behind me shout to Gardener - "Come on Ade, that Carney's rubbish - eat those words!!!
Fantastic night.
OJ

Re: SCOUSERS: OUTCLASSED A...

Post by OJ »

I feel exactly as you do Chris and there's a great mixture of fans as well with loads of younger fans really getting interested and supporting the team both home and away. The new breed rises in more ways than one. As for what the Saints fan shouted Iago he may have got it wrong on this occasion when talking about King Carney but don't forget they know a lot about rubbish so he should have been an expert on the subject!!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Emma Farrell

Post by Emma Farrell »

how do the words go 2 TAKE ME HOME WIGAN ROAD? coz i really wanna sing it with all the other supporters (especially wen we win the grand final!!!!!)
rugbynelly

Post by rugbynelly »

take me home to the place i belong
wigan rugby not athletic
take me home wigan road
nah nah hey hey nah nah hey hey
theres only 1 team in wigan