2018 Kit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AndyNick

2018 Kit

Post by AndyNick »

Few teams are starting to release next seasons kits, Stains was released yesterday and a few of the NRL clubs have revealed theirs. Anyone had any word of when ours might be out? The Heritage Kit would do as that is a really nice shirt. I believe we have 1 more season to run on the Errea contract at which point I would hope we kick them in to touch. Under Armour or Canterbury preferably, Wishful thinking I know.

My guess is that we will be looking at a standard traditional hooped home jersey this time, and an away jersey with some sort of purple on it.
fozzieskem

Re: 2018 Kit

Post by fozzieskem »

Canterbury make excellent shirts/leisure wear when I compare an item of their clothing to an article of Errea’s there’s no comparison in the quality Canterbury offer
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve heard end of November
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Why is it always so late, most of the other clubs have theirs ready, same every year, it's not like it's a surprise to the club is it :angry:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just hope the away one isnt purple again..... purple is a womans colour ????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

medlocke wrote:Why is it always so late, most of the other clubs have theirs ready, same every year, it's not like it's a surprise to the club is it :angry:
Surely IL cannot be happy with this again

i personally stopped around 3-4 years ago buying any of the kits. My wife and kids used to buy it for my christmas prezzie, but the clubs ineptitude to get either kits available and running out of vouchers as an alternative as well is just criminal when you are running a business. Whilst i am not a little kid that looks forward to getting my shirt on Christmas Day, there are lots of little uns that have been left disappointed (but even they are probably used to the fact that the club cant manage to get them out in time :) )

Apart from perhaps confirming sponsors, what is there that can cause us to have this problem year after year? Surely the planning and design should be happening well before the previous season ends, and subject to sponsor logos everythign should be ready to go

having a little insight into club wear for a local club that i am a member of i know that even on little volumes, that suppliers will turn round designs in a very short space of time and to a very high quality, so just dont understand how the largest RL club in this country cannot appear to get things right
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

the pieman wrote:
medlocke wrote:Why is it always so late, most of the other clubs have theirs ready, same every year, it's not like it's a surprise to the club is it :angry:
Surely IL cannot be happy with this again

i personally stopped around 3-4 years ago buying any of the kits. My wife and kids used to buy it for my christmas prezzie, but the clubs ineptitude to get either kits available and running out of vouchers as an alternative as well is just criminal when you are running a business. Whilst i am not a little kid that looks forward to getting my shirt on Christmas Day, there are lots of little uns that have been left disappointed (but even they are probably used to the fact that the club cant manage to get them out in time :) )

Apart from perhaps confirming sponsors, what is there that can cause us to have this problem year after year? Surely the planning and design should be happening well before the previous season ends, and subject to sponsor logos everythign should be ready to go

having a little insight into club wear for a local club that i am a member of i know that even on little volumes, that suppliers will turn round designs in a very short space of time and to a very high quality, so just dont understand how the largest RL club in this country cannot appear to get things right

As far as i'm aware the sponsor deal is sorted. 188 have signed up for another season so no issue there. Unless they're currently in frantic negotiations with Karim's Kebab World of Westhoughton for a logo on the sleeve I don't see any reason why they shouldn't already be in the pipeline.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I am finished with buying shirts.

I bought the "Manly" one out of nostalgia. It's good RELATIVE TO OTHER Wigan shirts.

The reality is the material for ALL shirts is now ****.

I understand the need to make playing shirts as light as possible etc, however, for spectators, why on earth don't they make COTTON shirts in the same design, instead of the synthetic **** they are currently made out of?

One word. Money.

Even offering a cotton shirt with a price premium would be a step forward (though is cotton REALLY that much more expensive? Primark would disagree..............
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

What makes it more perplexing is the fact that they seem to be able to churn out mid-season "special" shirts no problem yet always seem to be caught off guard at xmas

I cant believe that it is simply the club cant organise it, i have a feeling that it will be for another reason but cant think what, maybe they want to finalize the squad numbers
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:What makes it more perplexing is the fact that they seem to be able to churn out mid-season "special" shirts no problem yet always seem to be caught off guard at xmas

I cant believe that it is simply the club cant organise it, i have a feeling that it will be for another reason but cant think what, maybe they want to finalize the squad numbers
Bingo!