Will Australia make it look tight,

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Will Australia make it look tight,

Post by ian.birchall »

on Saturday at the JJB as they did last year at Manchester or will it be another Elland Road performance?

My forecast is that with an this new half back combination they will only win by 28-32 points
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
mike binder

Re: Will Australia make it...

Post by mike binder »

it wasnt last year when morley got sent off we beat the aussies at jjb last year :cool:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

pie eaters posted:
Was it??? I am losing it
Have you been watching the games illegally in dodgy pubs?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Doug Stand posted:

Predicting a GB & Ireland win demonstartes that to be true...asuuming you had it lose that is. :D

But come on... GB & Ireland to win...if that were to happen then I would have to seriously question bribes being taken and fixing matches... because there isn't a hope they can compete with them.
Looking at things very cynically the test on Saturday is already sold out (according the the ticket info on superleague.co.uk)

THere are still tickets available for the other test matches including the final.

GB need to win 2 games and win one of them convincingly to progress. I think Saturday is a tight win in the making to drum up that little bit of interest

If Noble picks the right team I am pretty sure that we can beat NZ - ok they scored 7 tries and had a couple disallowed but we were poor for long periods of the game

Can we beat Australia 2 or 3 times to win the tournament. I would love to see it but dont think so given the coaches unusual team / squad selection

Anyway I've got tickets for the whole lot so I am just going to cheer them on as I have for the last 20 years or so in the hope that we can put one over the aussies
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

pie eaters posted:
Well i think they can compete with them, yeah so we have got a few injuries but with the Bradford halfback pairing starting the game i seriously think they can do some damage
Who, us or the aussies? :D

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Absolute lunacy dropping Burrows and playing Deacon, we were appalling when Deacon was on the field last week, at least when Burrows was on we looked like we could go forward and score. I think I want to up my forecast to say Oz by 38-42 now,
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
I disagree i wanted deacon and harris together and ive got my wish unless any injuries occur
That's strange, in the "Aussie team for Saturday" thread you were really happy because you thought it would be Horne and Harris starting (see page 2 of that thread), the combination of Harris and Deacon wasn't really mentioned at all :conf:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
bertina

Post by bertina »

ian.birchall posted:
Absolute lunacy dropping Burrows and playing Deacon, we were appalling when Deacon was on the field last week, at least when Burrows was on we looked like we could go forward and score. I think I want to up my forecast to say Oz by 38-42 now,
I wish the bookies would give me 38-42 start!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pie eaters posted:
Well fraggle my friend, if you go back further you will see that my best team in my opinion that Noble would pick would be a Harris and Deacon combo
I really can't understand what you see in Deacon. He was so obviously out of his depth, even against a poor Kiwi side; what makes you think he'll be any better against the Aussies? He didn't create a single attacking option last week - the only bits of good attacking play came from Burrow and Cunningham (finished off by Johnson, admittedly, but all PJ had to do was be there for the passes that put him clear).
Even Deacon's tactical kicking, normally his only good point, was missing last week - the best attacking kick came, again, from Burrow, when Carney had a chance of scoring in the corner.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

bertina posted:
ian.birchall posted:
I wish the bookies would give me 38-42 start!!!
10 start according to http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoEvEv&id=10366275
I'd back the Aussies at that handicap.