Eddie Hearn say’s he could change RL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Eddie Hearn say’s he could change RL

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

whatever you think of Hearn as a person i believe he would be an asset to rugby league. I think he is the type of person we need in the sport, someone who is interested in growing sports not keeping it down to benefit the cheapo directors
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wish we could get something like this to promote our game. I think it is awesome

[youtube]https://youtu.be/X4OCn_YWlpg[/youtube]
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wikimann

Post by Wikimann »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:whatever you think of Hearn as a person i believe he would be an asset to rugby league. I think he is the type of person we need in the sport, someone who is interested in growing sports not keeping it down to benefit the cheapo directors
Agree 100% ???? lets be honest who would ever have envisaged Darts ???? could produce the level of TV ‘entertainment’ coverage & dollar! that would make household name millionaires of Phil Taylor,MVG & RVB!

The wheeltappers & shunters social club dartists of the 70s/80s would be fair dinkum spluttering over their ???? at the oche looking at today’s darts superstars,to quote the late Sid Waddell we now have some ‘finely honed athletes launching the arrows!’????
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Can you honestly see it coming off though?

What level of control would they want and would the chairman of SL now pretty much free of the reins be willing to give it to matchroom?

Highly doubtful.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

fozzieskem wrote:Can you honestly see it coming off though?

What level of control would they want and would the chairman of SL now pretty much free of the reins be willing to give it to matchroom?

Highly doubtful.
Imo they would need full control and since the RFL don't like forward thinking people like Marwan Koukash, it will never happen. They would rather it die off than lose control
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Josie's friend wrote:

Highly doubtful.
Imo they would need full control and since the RFL don't like forward thinking people like Marwan Koukash, it will never happen. They would rather it die off than lose control
RFL has lost control why do you think the fat controller and a couple more have gone. Clubs have now started to take some control.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

thegimble wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:

Highly doubtful.
RFL has lost control why do you think the fat controller and a couple more have gone. Clubs have now started to take some control.
I think
Wood did a better job than most thought,time will tell of course but he will be missed
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote:
I think
Wood did a better job than most thought, time will tell of course but he will be missed
Jeez, if you're right, the consequences will be too awful to contemplate... :angry:
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

just posted on the thread about the future of RL

Eddie Hearn is the sort of person we need to influence at the top, even if it is not him directly

just look at what he has done with various sports

he knows how to promote an event, he has the TV companies ears and could sell RL to them quite easily

i have posted previously that we sold out to SKY in the last round. There are other TV channels but admittedly i dont know if there is any appetite from them to take on RL, but you dont know if you dont ask

look at football now, SKY soon wont be the main player unless they really cough up the dough. Amazon and other players are entering the market - it is a whole different world from 30 years ago when we had terrestrial TV only, SKY and others have moved it on , but again things are changing - its called digital distruption where other big players are entering into non traditional markets and shaking up the market place. the RFL should be getting their piece of the pie