End of Professional Rugby League in the UK

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
oldhooker

Re: End of Professional Rugby League in the UK

Post by oldhooker »

morley pie eater wrote:
oldhooker wrote:Perhaps some of the happy clappers on here will take heed of this and realise all is not well with what once was a great game,instead of saying how wonderful it is and realise that those who criticise the running of the game are not moaners but realists.
As (self-appointed) spokesperson for the NUHC, could I ask what on earth you are on about?

Being broadly in favour of maintaining a generally positive outlook re Wigan/SW/IL now makes us responsible for defending all involved in "the running of the game"?? And all on the basis of the non-story of Rowley's interview, the main interest of which was his comparison of Bailey, Taylor and MoiMoi with Cronk, Slater and Smith!

Now I met a bloke in the pub who said he might know someone who was considering buying a Wigan season ticket for Christmas 2018. You Moaners clearly have a lot of explaining to do!

I have named no one, but if the cap fits :roll:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

morley pie eater wrote:
oldhooker wrote:Perhaps some of the happy clappers on here will take heed of this and realise all is not well with what once was a great game,instead of saying how wonderful it is and realise that those who criticise the running of the game are not moaners but realists.
As (self-appointed) spokesperson for the NUHC, could I ask what on earth you are on about?

Being broadly in favour of maintaining a generally positive outlook re Wigan/SW/IL now makes us responsible for defending all involved in "the running of the game"?? And all on the basis of the non-story of Rowley's interview, the main interest of which was his comparison of Bailey, Taylor and MoiMoi with Cronk, Slater and Smith!

Now I met a bloke in the pub who said he might know someone who was considering buying a Wigan season ticket for Christmas 2018. You Moaners clearly have a lot of explaining to do!

Just to enlarge upon my reply Morley if you read my post properly nowhere will you see Wigan RLC or IL mentioned.My criticism here is aimed at those who maintain that RL in general is being run properly and in a good place.So why on earth you choose to bring Wigan and IL into it I do not know, and by the way I need to explain nothing to anyone about my opinions.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

old hooker wrote: Just to enlarge upon my reply Morley if you read my post properly nowhere will you see Wigan RLC or IL mentioned.My criticism here is aimed at those who maintain that RL in general is being run properly and in a good place.So why on earth you choose to bring Wigan and IL into it I do not know, and by the way I need to explain nothing to anyone about my opinions.
RL fans may disagree about many things, but if there's one point that I think has almost universal agreement, it's that the sport is not run well by the RFL.

So I don't know who these posters are who you claim are saying all is well with the way RL is run, but I see next to no evidence for their presence here.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

moto748 wrote:
old hooker wrote: Just to enlarge upon my reply Morley if you read my post properly nowhere will you see Wigan RLC or IL mentioned.My criticism here is aimed at those who maintain that RL in general is being run properly and in a good place.So why on earth you choose to bring Wigan and IL into it I do not know, and by the way I need to explain nothing to anyone about my opinions.
RL fans may disagree about many things, but if there's one point that I think has almost universal agreement, it's that the sport is not run well by the RFL.

So I don't know who these posters are who you claim are saying all is well with the way RL is run, but I see next to no evidence for their presence here.
bang on

i posted recently on another thread several things that i think are wrong / need to be addressed - all at RFL level - nothing to do with Wigan or AN other club. yes there could / would be actions to be taken by clubs, but the direction and leadership needs to come from the top

someone else i think on the Eddie Hearn thread mentions Dr Koukash - he is a classic example of someone that is forward thinking, has money(or so we are led to believe) and is prepared to drive change. Where is he now, taken a backseat because 1 man alone cannot change the archaic people running the RFL, and whilst i think some of the more longstanding chairman agree with him, they are probably so downbeat from history

where is the marketing and promotion of our game(s). modern day should be easier than ever to reach the majority of fans & identify new fans with email, social media, radio, tv etc, but the RFL so so little it is untrue.

unless we get someone with the appetite to drive the change and bring the club chairmen, players, fans and prospective fans along on the ride i fear for the longer term future of the game

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote:

Then just go back through posts on here and you will find evidence that there are posters who believe all is well in RL.You can believe me or not I really could not care less but I can only comment on what I have read.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

old hooker wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:

Just to enlarge upon my reply Morley if you read my post properly nowhere will you see Wigan RLC or IL mentioned.My criticism here is aimed at those who maintain that RL in general is being run properly and in a good place.So why on earth you choose to bring Wigan and IL into it I do not know, and by the way I need to explain nothing to anyone about my opinions.
I did take your reference to Happy Clappers to mean those of us who don't constantly criticise the club and just about everyone in it, so I accept your point that I was wrong as your comment was in relation to the RFL.

I think it was clear that my post was a bit of banter about Happy Clappers v Moaners & Groaners, and the point about this all being based on a non-story (Fake News?) was repeated by Markill on a following post. Off-the-cuff attempts at humour don't always work in black and white, but there can sometimes be a tendency to over-analyse on here - it's just a bit of fun!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Think I have had enough of been on here. No matter what topic is put up some idiots will derail it or especially last 15-16 months will start a personal attack on either side. Though the usual positive people are a lot worse at it. Think some have connection to the club. Because any mention against some aspect of the club is usually met with a bad response. The topics on here are now very rarely debated past 2-3 posts before someone wants to have a go. Or a thread last week after Salford which was locked. We won a friendly against Salford and someone posted a thread baiting some into an argument.

This is a bigger reflection on todays society especially with younger people who's take to keyboards to rage at anything they do not agree with simply on the basis they have no debating skills and believe they are 100 percent correct every time and anyone who disagrees with them is met with a harsh post. Though there are some older people here as well who could fall into that category as well. Sad state of todays society when people can not debate anything before someone makes a post or as on this thread take a quote personally.

Noticed that quite a few people are posting a lot less. TBW has been on here for years and his volume has dropped I wonder why. Debating is a skill lost on over half the people on here.

So here is an idea why don't you all just get a life develop a sense of humour and more importantly realise the person your replying to is a person and that your not allways correct. This place used to be a very good place but its now standard of debate is lower than RLfans cherryandwhite.

adiddy

Post by adiddy »

thegimble wrote:Think I have had enough of been on here. No matter what topic is put up some idiots will derail it or especially last 15-16 months will start a personal attack on either side. Though the usual positive people are a lot worse at it. Think some have connection to the club. Because any mention against some aspect of the club is usually met with a bad response. The topics on here are now very rarely debated past 2-3 posts before someone wants to have a go. Or a thread last week after Salford which was locked. We won a friendly against Salford and someone posted a thread baiting some into an argument.

This is a bigger reflection on todays society especially with younger people who's take to keyboards to rage at anything they do not agree with simply on the basis they have no debating skills and believe they are 100 percent correct every time and anyone who disagrees with them is met with a harsh post. Though there are some older people here as well who could fall into that category as well. Sad state of todays society when people can not debate anything before someone makes a post or as on this thread take a quote personally.

Noticed that quite a few people are posting a lot less. TBW has been on here for years and his volume has dropped I wonder why. Debating is a skill lost on over half the people on here.

So here is an idea why don't you all just get a life develop a sense of humour and more importantly realise the person your replying to is a person and that your not allways correct. This place used to be a very good place but its now standard of debate is lower than RLfans cherryandwhite.

Well I think you're wrong!!!! :tong: :eusa18:

Matt
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

adiddy wrote:
thegimble wrote:Think I have had enough of been on here. No matter what topic is put up some idiots will derail it or especially last 15-16 months will start a personal attack on either side. Though the usual positive people are a lot worse at it. Think some have connection to the club. Because any mention against some aspect of the club is usually met with a bad response. The topics on here are now very rarely debated past 2-3 posts before someone wants to have a go. Or a thread last week after Salford which was locked. We won a friendly against Salford and someone posted a thread baiting some into an argument.

Well I think you're wrong!!!! :tong: :eusa18:

Matt
At least you posted a non baiting reply. No mention of happy clapper or negative anti Wigan. I am shocked.

You know this could be the begging of a new kinder more integrated more accepting of one another's point of view. Finish the rest of it with Jim Royals saying.