19-Man Squad: Vs Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Salford

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

No, but if we lose tomorrow I think we will lose our next 2 and find ourselves with a mass of “injuries”. Lose tomorrow and I will donate £20 to joining jack if we win one of the next 2 games. If you would do the same should I be proven right, all the better.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:No, but if we lose tomorrow I think we will lose our next 2 and find ourselves with a mass of “injuries”. Lose tomorrow and I will donate £20 to joining jack if we win one of the next 2 games. If you would do the same should I be proven right, all the better.
I try to avoid these lengthy, often pointless exchange of posts, so this is my final one.

My question was:

You say we could well lose our first 3 games. Do you really believe that?
As I predicted and guessed, you don't really believe what you said. All bets off, I wouldn't take your money anyway.

I'll gladly donate £20 to Joining Jack if we lose the next 3. AND we're odds on tomorrow, but what do the bookies know?

Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Hi Morley - I really don’t want a row, as we are both on the same side. I wrote - “we could well lose... and be in crisis” - I genuinely hope we win and won’t be. BUT my point remains that all the evidence so far is that the club’s medical people are as inept as ever. Which is unforgivable given that top class medical support is one of the few things that a club can invest in and control.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Which injuries have been caused by the inept medical team?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Were not going to lose this one. :D
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Mike wrote:Which injuries have been caused by the inept medical team?
If I had the medical records I would take a look. The result of our training methods and rehabilitation collectively is that we have been ripped apart by injuries for years. More than other clubs playing the same game. We can discount luck, given the length of time that our injury crisis has continued. With this much data, luck is the first and last excuse of the incompetent. Our problems generally fall into 2 categories - multiple soft tissue and joint injuries - and extended (infinite in some cases) recovery times, There have been great advances in the understanding of how to prevent and treat soft tissue and joint injuries in football. The results of our conditioning staff speak for themselves. I am sure I am not alone in being sick about paying hundreds of pounds to watch reserve teams.

Happily, though, tonight turned out fine and dandy. Keep this lot fit, and see what we can do. Shame we can’t play Cas next week.
exiled

Post by exiled »

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

He won’t have an answer!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
If I had the medical records I would take a look. The result of our training methods and rehabilitation collectively is that we have been ripped apart by injuries for years. More than other clubs playing the same game. We can discount luck, given the length of time that our injury crisis has continued. With this much data, luck is the first and last excuse of the incompetent. Our problems generally fall into 2 categories - multiple soft tissue and joint injuries - and extended (infinite in some cases) recovery times, There have been great advances in the understanding of how to prevent and treat soft tissue and joint injuries in football. The results of our conditioning staff speak for themselves. I am sure I am not alone in being sick about paying hundreds of pounds to watch reserve teams.

Happily, though, tonight turned out fine and dandy. Keep this lot fit, and see what we can do. Shame we can’t play Cas next week.
So you are guessing?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

No - I have definitely paid hundreds of pounds of every year to watch reserve teams play for long periods, and indeed sat through our worst run of results for over 100 years as a result. A medical team incapable of preventing and treating injuries on this scale is incompetent. Last time I looked, it was part of the medical team's job to make sure players are able to play. You may be happy about it, that's your prerogative.

2 more off last night - both joint/soft tissue. Gildart clearly has a knee injury which he took into the FIRST game.