Wane interested in Hardaker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Wane interested in Hardaker

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It is odd cas would chose to sack him now

i dont see as the situation has changed since day 1 of his "suspension" so why now?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:It is odd cas would chose to sack him now

i dont see as the situation has changed since day 1 of his "suspension" so why now?
Imo and totally guessing but if (and by the looks of it) Zak gets a retrospective 12 week ban which would make him eligable to play straight away or in the very near future, then Cas would receive Morgan on a free loan and possibly another player.
Poor Zak has lost his job because of this coke incident so a lengthy ban would be unfair since he was probably spiked in the first place while cenbrating a win with friends over some orange juice.

If you are good enough people turn a blind eye to the f'd up things you do and make excuses for you (cough cough Bateman). If it was Lockers who threw the same punch at the GF then I doubt much would of happened, Ben being average was an easy target for hate.

The whole situation stinks of dodgy deals and underhanded tactics to save Zak (I'd love him to join btw)
pedro

Post by pedro »

Josie's friend wrote:

Imo and totally guessing but if (and by the looks of it) Zak gets a retrospective 12 week ban which would make him eligable to play straight away or in the very near future, then Cas would receive Morgan on a free loan and possibly another player.
Poor Zak has lost his job because of this coke incident so a lengthy ban would be unfair since he was probably spiked in the first place while cenbrating a win with friends over some orange juice.

If you are good enough people turn a blind eye to the f'd up things you do and make excuses for you (cough cough Bateman). If it was Lockers who threw the same punch at the GF then I doubt much would of happened, Ben being average was an easy target for hate.

The whole situation stinks of dodgy deals and underhanded tactics to save Zak (I'd live him to join btw)
we tried to re-sign Hock this summer so Zak wouldnt be an issue
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Southern Softy wrote:Odd, perhaps, that Cas sacked him before any final decision was made about Hardaker by the RL authorities.
He has certainly been trouble in more ways than one off the field but brutally, we would be crazy not to sign him if he is available. Obviously, a watertight contract re discipline would be essential and the club would have to be ultra-careful about not paying him while he is banned from the game (assuming that that will happen.) That doesn't preclude the club from assisting him with employment, indirectly, not within the club, to cover his costs of living while any ban is served.
He is one of a very few players who can turn a match virtually on his own and if he is available at no cost, then it seems a no-brainer. Had it been performance-enhancing substances, then I would not be saying this but 'social' or 'recreational' drug usage is another matter. It's dumb if you're a professional but not exactly a hanging offence. People might take a moral stance but there are differing attitudes.
Depends how much it costs them with him sat on the sidelines?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I don't think the club could or should pay him if he is serving a ban (not sure about the RL's view on that either) but a contract that employs him at the end of any ban and the club finding him an unconnected job (possibly on Gareth Hock's coffee-stall?) would seem to be reasonable. That doesn't cost the club anything; doesn't reward wrongdoing and enables the club to keep an eye on him. I'm also unsure with any ban how that would affect training etc. i.e. whether a playing ban includes a stadium ban and/or use of training facilities.
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

Josie's friend wrote:

Imo and totally guessing
but if (and by the looks of it) Zak gets a retrospective 12 week ban which would make him eligable to play straight away or in the very near future, then Cas would receive Morgan on a free loan and possibly another player.

The whole situation stinks of dodgy deals and underhanded tactics to save Zak (I'd love him to join btw)
I think the first 4 words some up everybody's thoughts on what hes done and what he'll get suspension wise.

As for the rest, apart from it being complete guess work I can't make out if your being serious or not.

:conf:
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

JUKESAYS wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:

Imo and totally guessing
but if (and by the looks of it) Zak gets a retrospective 12 week ban which would make him eligable to play straight away or in the very near future, then Cas would receive Morgan on a free loan and possibly another player.

I think the first 4 words some up everybody's thoughts on what hes done and what he'll get suspension wise.

As for the rest, apart from it being complete guess work I can't make out if your being serious or not.

Lol been on nights and stopped in at Tesco on the way home and decided coffee baileys sounded nice (I don't drink at all). A half pint glass full of that coffee milkshake sort of got me wasted, now I know I have the alcohol tolerance of a 5 yr old lol
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Josie's friend wrote:
JUKESAYS wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
Imo and totally guessing

Lol been on nights and stopped in at Tesco on the way home and decided coffee baileys sounded nice (I don't drink at all). A half pint glass full of that coffee milkshake sort of got me wasted, now I know I have the alcohol tolerance of a 5 yr old lol
You should call in on a regular basis, I have enjoyed your posts today :lol:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

1) Cas already hate us, so we aren't going to make anything worse.
2) If we sign him, and he plays centre, we will be much stronger. Ironically, that would free Sarg up to play 1 as Morgan's back up, where he is a better player.
3) We must have some inside track on the likely ban for Wane even to comment. Maybe Cas simply can't afford to keep paying him for 6 months (if he doesn't get a 2 year ban), whereas we can find a way to support him. Does seem odd though.
4) He needs help and support - maybe getting away from Yorkshire could be good for him?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Some here calling for a contract with hard line behaviour clauses for Zak.

Some finding it odd that Cas sacked him for bad behviour adn he's available on a free.

That would be the case if he behaved badly at Wigan on a contract with behviour clauses. Fines for minor stuff, then dismissal. He'd be available on a free. You can't keep someone and not pay them. You can't hold their registration without the agreement of the player and the RFL. FInes and dismissal written into a contract are pretty much the only legal sanctions clubs have available. Cas on the other hand could have stuck by him, but I suppose that is against their club ethos.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐