George Williiams is never a marquee player!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hanley the God!

George Williiams is never a marquee player!!

Post by Hanley the God! »

This season in my opinion one of the worst halfbacks in super league. Don't think he's been effective all season. Stealing a living and a waste of a player in team. No attacking ideas, very seldom goes alone. His field kicking game is very poor always picks out a man. And his try line kick throughs are boring and predictable. Not good enough at moment. He did very little good tonight where his passing was pants going to ground and into touch. If escare deserves to be dropped for not performing then Williams deserves a game in the reserves but we all know Wane won't do that. I'm sure though the happy clappers will disagree but please remember he is one of the highest paid players at Wigan. I think we signed him up as marquee too soon.
Firestarter

Re: George Williiams is never a marquee player!!

Post by Firestarter »

And hes much better than powell in the halves
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Both very good defensively tonight, but lacking near the opposition's line.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Hanley the God!

They are both poor. Worst halfback partnership in super league.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Hanley the God! wrote:They are both poor. Worst halfback partnership in super league.
Think that's over the top. George certainly hasn't been at the standard he should be, but he's created more tries than any other player in the league this season.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Where was isa n sam in the mom ratings?? Honestly i think some fans watch a different game too me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Firestarter wrote:Where was isa n sam in the mom ratings?? Honestly i think some fans watch a different game too me
Thought they were both excellent tonight. No idea why they weren't in the MOTM shortlist. For me, Sam edged it.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Hanley the God! wrote:They are both poor. Worst halfback partnership in super league.
Yet we are 2nd and GW has the most try assists in the league, go figure.
Hanley the God!

Because wes the standard of super league is currently very poor with only a few exceptions.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I thought half backs where supposed to be the creative players, am I missing something?