Tomkins Leaving - Official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
4 Generations

Re: Tomkins Leaving - Official

Post by 4 Generations »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Cherry_Warrior wrote:The way i see this situation is Wigan gave him a 3 year deal with the option of a 4th in the clubs favour. We decided not to take up the option but still offered him a deal for a further 4 years which would be 7 since he re-signed. How is that unfair? Securing his future with a deal that was never on the table in the first place. We could have taken the option for next season and he could have broken his leg or something in the August and then would be injured and without a club with no security. We offered him security. If he can't realise that he has nowhere near earned what he has been paid and still wanted more then he is deluded.

He desperately wanted to leave NZ Warriors and come back home. We took him injured, paid him a very handsome salary and paid a hefty fee for him. He sat on his arse for the first season whilst collecting mega money and then in the second season acted like a prat and ruled himself for the season again. We still paid his wages and he never said boo to a goose. He then illegally met with Catalans and agreed a deal with them. I told you this 2 months ago. He wants to be more careful how he uses Whatsapp. I found out by a player of an opposition team. He can piss right off for me. Hope Catalans go down, i will laugh my cake off. Quite possibly the most selfish, self-important player in the clubs history.
Exactly as I see it.
There's a boxer from Bolton who displays a similar demeanour.
That about nails it for me to and many many more.
I couldn't give two s.... about money,contracts,options,french lessons and whatever else used to fog the fact hes in it for himself.
If i was one of Catalans Lawyers/owner/wages guy.I would make dam sure he was fit and not F... before i signed anything with him.A handful of decent games in about two years would frighten the dam life owta me.Picking and choosing where and when he plays. Wouldn't surprise me at all if thers a rat we haven't seen yet.Would explain why camp Catalan is the easy option.Its fast turning into Marwan Koukashs Salford in the sun.Get him gone,bring on the real thing.

4G,glad thats off mi chest
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Imagine looking after yourself and your family in a very cut throat world! How selfish!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Flash wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Flash wrote: Well I said you were becoming increasingly desperate with these posts but I thought even you would stop short of telling me what I would do in a given situation! Thanks for letting me know, Dave. Up until you enlightened me I was totally unsure on what my own actions would have been.

For your information I have never thrown a "hissy fit" in my life. I certainly wouldn't have done it if the contract I'd previously signed was followed to the letter. What was offered after this is of no consequence to the contract in question. Negotiations on an ENTIRELY SEPERATE contract would be undertaken, if offered, thereafter.

As I said previously: you clearly have no clue when it comes to contract law. I would stop arguing now if I were you as you're starting to look silly.

Again you are absolutely wrong Dave. They have not changed the nature of the deal at all. It was ALWAYS 3 years with 1 year option in the clubs favour. They have chosen not to take up that option. Your 'spins' are becoming increasing desperate just to paint the club in a bad light. Why? Where does this determination to think the worst of the club come from?
If you signed a deal with your employer that said they will pay you £x for three years then they have the option to employ you for another year in 2019 at £x but they then turned round to you and said we are not going to take the option up but will offer you a deal on less money for 2019 you'd throw a hissy fit.

You and no one else would arguing that this was an OK thing to do. The fact the club has not taken the option up doesn't alter the fact they wanted him to pay for less money for 2019 than the option would have paid him.

If anyone on here tells me they would be happy to accept that and would not have turned around and said "no, if you want me for 2019 take the option and we will take it from there" I simply do not believe them.
Thanks for telling me what I would do in a given situation, Dave. Until you enlightened me I was totally unsure as to what I would have done. For your information I have never thrown a "hissy fit" in my life. I most certainly wouldn't have done if the contract I'd previously signed was followed to the letter as this one was.

Your argument is so ridiculous it's hard to know where to start without belittling you. I'll refrain from doing that but will ask you one simple question: If you were to take your argument to any jurisdiction, be it court, tribuneral or arbitration do you think they would find any merit in it whatsoever? Now I can see you have only the flimsiest grasp of contract law (otherwise we wouldn't even be having this discussion) but you're an intelligent fellow so take your best guess
. Well said.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Some of the bitter comments on here are hilarious!! :lol:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

[quote="Warrior20"]Some of the bitter comments on here are hilarious!! :lol: [/quote

Not sure if they are hilarious or pathetic to be honest.]
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Warrior20 wrote:Some of the bitter comments on here are hilarious!! :lol:
.......Or alternatively a different opinion to your own. No bitterness from me, just an honest appraisal. Nobody has ever said a bad word about anyone wanting to leave. It is the way that it is done and in this instance it has been conducted appallingly by both Sam Tomkins and Catalans Dragons. I stand firmly behind my opinion.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:
.......Or alternatively a different opinion to your own. Nobody has ever said a bad word about anyone wanting to leave. It is the way that it is done and in this instance it has been conducted appallingly by both Sam Tomkins and Catalans Dragons. I stand firmly behind my opinion.
Why appallingly?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Mike wrote:
Cherry_Warrior wrote:
.......Or alternatively a different opinion to your own. Nobody has ever said a bad word about anyone wanting to leave. It is the way that it is done and in this instance it has been conducted appallingly by both Sam Tomkins and Catalans Dragons. I stand firmly behind my opinion.
Why appallingly?
Catalans agreeing a deal with Sam before they were allowed to speak with him, and as stated, if they would have gone through the proper channels Sam would have already signed a new deal before they came calling as he had stated it was a very good offer, but he had already had his head turned.

Secondly Sam, whilst still being a Wigan Warriors employee and still being a player that we have to go and watch comes out with "i can't wait to call Catalans home" bulb head. Some of the players are just plain thick. Put his brain in a goose and he would fly north for winter.
ian b

Post by ian b »

nothing changes, get used to it !!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:
Cherry_Warrior wrote: .......Or alternatively a different opinion to your own. Nobody has ever said a bad word about anyone wanting to leave. It is the way that it is done and in this instance it has been conducted appallingly by both Sam Tomkins and Catalans Dragons. I stand firmly behind my opinion.
Why appallingly?
Catalans agreeing a deal with Sam before they were allowed to speak with him, and as stated, if they would have gone through the proper channels Sam would have already signed a new deal before they came calling as he had stated it was a very good offer, but he had already had his head turned.

Secondly Sam, whilst still being a Wigan Warriors employee and still being a player that we have to go and watch comes out with "i can't wait to call Catalans home" bulb head. Some of the players are just plain thick. Put his brain in a goose and he would fly north for winter.
to be fair whats he meant to say? god i dont want to go at all. He isn't coming out with it either - papers run stories and they are asking questions and he has to answer positively about the move for the sake of the new club.

At least he hasn't done an Ashton and posed in the kit!

In regard to the illegal approach - i will admit i completely dont understand how the rugby league transfer "window" works or even if there is one. Sam did mention in an interview that at the start of the year Wigan said they would not be taking up his option - effectively that rendered him a free agent did it not? allowed to speak to any club?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure