Wane Leaving

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AncientWarrior

Re: Wane Leaving

Post by AncientWarrior »

What does Lenagan mean by ‘a different stage’? Could well be Union. Paul Gustard is leaving England defense coach job for Harlequins. Maybe...?
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

David Furner maybe?, not my choice but he has history with the club and has plenty of experience
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:Interesting time to announce a resignation, more or less straight after the announcement of Tomkins leaving and the signing of Hardaker.
Has all this had some influence on Wane?

A lot of RL fans predicting he will end up at Catalans. He has stated he wants to 'advance his career', surely head coach at Catalans isn't advancing his career after leaving Wigan?
My prediction; Head Coach or Number 2 role in the NRL.
He has also said Coaching Wigan is his dream job, there’s nothing to beat it!

Think there’s a lot going on behind the scenes that he doesn’t agree with & I for one am extremely gutted he’s leaving.

Think this is a big mistake by Wigan Warriors to let the most successful Wigan coach in the SL era leave. You won’t get many coaches with as much passion for this club than Shaun Wane
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

Sad to see him go but.............I hope he does well in whatever new horizons beckon him.
Wigan through and through.
Let's hope he goes out on a massive high.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

AncientWarrior wrote:What does Lenagan mean by ‘a different stage’? Could well be Union. Paul Gustard is leaving England defense coach job for Harlequins. Maybe...?
It's been mentioned on rlfans a move to Scottish RU as defensive coach (and it certainly would not be as an attack coach...)
Mace

Post by Mace »

Sad to see him go, thank you for your service Shaun
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Can't see Wane going to RU.

Interestingly looks like Edwards is about to miss out on the Harlequins job....

Whether he would be a good appointment is debateable.

He has clearly bags of coaching experience, internationally and domestically.

He has been out of RL for a long time though and for this reason alone I can't see him being head coach of Wigan.

stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

maybe with so many players leaving at the end of this season wane may think it too much to try and re build from his point of view
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

stevo38 wrote:maybe with so many players leaving at the end of this season wane may think it too much to try and re build from his point of view
Well player retention/recruitment just took on a whole new level of importance. It's one thing to think being Wigan coach is a plumb job but it isn't one anyone wants to fail at. With senior players like Lockers and Tommy coming to the end of their careers if Bateman and Sutton do leave given the clubs one recruit so far is Hardaker for Sam T I think a few coaches might think twice.

On the Hardaker note given one of the excuses for his signing was Wane would keep him on the straight and narrow, not any more.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I’d be looking at Paul Deacon personally