deacons injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

deacons injury

Post by superleague »

http://www.superleague.co.uk/news/2303

poor lad, hope the disciplinary do something about vagana for this tackle he should get at least a few match ban but i wouldnt hold my breath.
Martin Taylor

Re: deacons injury

Post by Martin Taylor »

I agree, and this is not the first time Vagana has done something like this. He is quite a dirty player.
OJ

Post by OJ »

When you think of the uprising there was after the Newton/Long business and the subsequent ban it will be interesting to see what the disciplinary do. My money goes with the previous poster, I don't think they will do much (if anything). Think Deacon had been playing well up until this happening and it sounds even worse than Long's injury, hope he is soon feeling better but don't think he'll be tackling any steaks for a while, and Christmas dinner through a straw just doesn't have the same appeal does it.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

I heard his injuries described as 'life threatening' - a phrase Paul Johnson said the team doctor does not throw anround lightly.

Hope Vangana has the book come down on him, it was thuggary IMO, no place for it at all! :angry:
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

HappyHooker posted:
I heard his injuries described as 'life threatening' - a phrase Paul Johnson said the team doctor does not throw anround lightly.

Hope Vangana has the book come down on him, it was thuggary IMO, no place for it at all! :angry:
Vagana won't get anything IMO as Deacon was falling as Vaganas arm hit him.
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

robjoenz posted:
HappyHooker posted:

Vagana won't get anything IMO as Deacon was falling as Vaganas arm hit him.
Hmm..well its not up to us, but I think he will get something, would agree with anyone who says it wont be anything on a Terry Newton scale though.
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
mr g

Post by mr g »

What are the odds on a one match ban, which will probably come into effect for the match against France so he'll be back for the final (if they get there). :(
"Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nkers"
Former Australian captain Laurie Daley
mr g

Post by mr g »

I don't think the tackle was that bad as Deacon was on his way down from being takled from Hape.

It's a grim injury though, it's said on Sky Sports News that he may even miss the start of next season.
"Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nkers"
Former Australian captain Laurie Daley
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

We have lost a valuable player in Deacon, but i would play Mr T at 7. By the way that's my girlfriends take on things. She knows jack about rugby. If i told her Keith Khegwin was the worlds toughest prop she would believe me. :lol:
fishpot

Post by fishpot »

This is International football (sic) Big bans do not occur in this arena.
Don't want to upset anyone do we ?