Bateman

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Bateman

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:
markill wrote:I think it's expected now that he's leaving. Does anyone know how much the pre-agreed transfer fee is that apparently has to be met for him to be released early?
Six figures that they are refusing to pay
Fee goes on their cao i believe
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:
markill wrote:I think it's expected now that he's leaving. Does anyone know how much the pre-agreed transfer fee is that apparently has to be met for him to be released early?
Six figures that they are refusing to pay
Dunno what the crack is, just saw this on rlfans
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

medlocke wrote:
thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:Six figures that they are refusing to pay
Dunno what the crack is, just saw this on rlfans

Moley on Twitter says that all has been agreed and Bateman wants to go, the only stumbling block is the transfer fee which as stated is a six figure sum which Canberra will not pay. The article says that for the transfer to go ahead one of the clubs will have to back down.

Would Bateman be the same player for us if this doesn't happen due to the transfer fee Wigan have slapped on him being too big??

Matt
markill

Post by markill »

adiddy wrote:
Would Bateman be the same player for us if this doesn't happen due to the transfer fee Wigan have slapped on him being too big??

Matt
I don't think Bateman is the kind of player who knows how to play below full commitment.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

markill wrote:
adiddy wrote:

Matt
I don't think Bateman is the kind of player who knows how to play below full commitment.
Well let’s hope we don’t reach a situation where we find out.

Honestly we live in an era were in our sport most of the time no fee is paid for a player if he wants to go fine just insert Lenegans favourite clause of first refusal when it goes belly up
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Wigan want a fee as Bateman is in contract and Canberra won't pay then he stays. End of 2019 he goes and Wigan don't get a fee.
NRL clubs are not in the habit of paying transfer fees so how this will pan out should be interesting.
Depends who wants him more for 2019.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiganer Ted wrote:If Wigan want a fee as Bateman is in contract and Canberra won't pay then he stays. End of 2019 he goes and Wigan don't get a fee.
NRL clubs are not in the habit of paying transfer fees so how this will pan out should be interesting.
Depends who wants him more for 2019.
Will they even want him then if it goes tits up now
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

This could, in theory become a lose, lose for Wigan,

1,no fee for him which does seem likely and he goes,

2,Wigan finally decide this is the one player that has to be reimbursed for and Batemans not happy, professional yes, but not happy and as we all know not happy generally becomes a situation where the player ends up leaving sooner rather than later.

If its got to the point where he wants to go, as seems the case, let him go safe in the knowledge when or if it goes belly up they have first refusal on him.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote:This could, in theory become a lose, lose for Wigan,

1,no fee for him which does seem likely and he goes,

2,Wigan finally decide this is the one player that has to be reimbursed for and Batemans not happy, professional yes, but not happy and as we all know not happy generally becomes a situation where the player ends up leaving sooner rather than later.

If its got to the point where he wants to go, as seems the case, let him go safe in the knowledge when or if it goes belly up they have first refusal on him.
No, sod the Aussies, they need to learn they just can't come and cherry pick our best players without paying for the pleasure, sick to death of them thinking they can wiggle their fingers and all will come running, if it upsets Bateman then tough, If he doesn't like it and starts playing up then punish him with a loan spell to Rochdale, no player is bigger than the club, Also once he goes he never comes back, no modern day player is worth it
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ive always been very clear no player should come back,leave wigan at your peril but Lenegan thinks differently sadly as for Bateman if wants to go and that seems the case let him go for me never keep players who want away but that’s just me.