Superstar Sam Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NeeNawWarrior22

Re: Superstar Sam Tomkins

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

DaveO wrote:
captinjack wrote:I have said on another post he played well until he got his Catalan contract. Now he couldn't give a blind fiddlers F**k.
He looked pretty damned good at the magic weekend fixture. Right after it was announced to be leaving.

I have seen "the video" and so I am not defending his actions there but you can't say he doesn't give a f**k after the magic weekend.

I can well imagine what the fan said to him when he was marching off today and it was probably similar to what you say above. I doubt I'd have kept my cool either having just lost a game like that if that was said to me. Unprofessional maybe but why anyone thinks they can slag players off to their face in those circumstances and not potentially get a backlash I have no idea.
Sigh. DaveO wants some attention.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

mickw wrote:
PorterjohLam wrote:
mickw wrote:sam was world class till some overthinking bright spark tried to make him into billy slater ,its been downhill ever since.
Eh? His best form has been since he went to fullback.
has it balls .
:eh:

Did he even play a full season at stand off? How can you say full back isn't his best position when bar half a season in the senior team it is the only position he has played?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

PorterjohLam wrote:
mickw wrote:
PorterjohLam wrote: Eh? His best form has been since he went to fullback.
has it balls .
Right, must have missed that year before he went to Aus then where he was the best player in the comp by a mile.

He hasn't played anywhere but fullback since 2010 - are you seriously trying to suggest he peaked then?
I think you have the wrong year, it was the preceding year when he was last good (very very good indeed).
I think he does nothing but point and pass these days.
His awful recent behaviour is proof positive of the club's wisdom in not offering him a king's ransom, and makes sense of the grumpy tone of Rads' announcement. While we are still trying to sort out messes of his own making, he gets his media mates to dance to his tune.
I doubt any of us would be sorry not to see him play for us again.