Tomkins exclusive: “I’m deeply ashamed”

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Tomkins exclusive: “I’m deeply ashamed”

Post by jobo »

jao711 wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:Observer paid him £10,000 for the piece... Imagine.
. Another lunatic rumour I think.Having worked for the local papers I will tell you that is rubbish.
You're correct, he didn't get a penny. Whoever posts this garbage needs to give their heads a good wobble.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Having read through all the posts(to date) on this thread I notice names that are rarely seen and one or two who don’t even attend home games.Yet they still feel they know best how to run the club,(yes I know they are entitled to their opinion but that doesn’t make it right).Of course posters on here would never get drunk or behave so badly.Nor would they ever make a bad mistake.Nowadays in this self righteous PC society we live in,,we have the internet and social media,where the rest of the World can snipe and call nasty names from the safety of their homes without fear of retribution(they think). To these people I can but ask a simple question. What is it like to be perfect? PS. If you think this post is a bit self righteous,you are quite probably right but then I ‘m entitled to my opinion too.
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Caboosegg wrote:I do like how some of the sack JT comments are down to a dislike of the player.

Contacting the club doesnt mean the video is sent in so potentially no one could have seen the video until saturday (i personally dont think its true)

Its out in the open now and i trust the club will deal with it correctly (its in the medias eyes now) as long as that happens i will be happy even if he still a wigan player after.

Wigan should put a drinking ban in places during the season.

Difficult to police.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

jobo wrote:
jao711 wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:Observer paid him £10,000 for the piece... Imagine.
. Another lunatic rumour I think.Having worked for the local papers I will tell you that is rubbish.
You're correct, he didn't get a penny. Whoever posts this garbage needs to give their heads a good wobble.
Hence the word 'imagine' maybe use the brain in ones head first
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jao711

Post by jao711 »

ancientnloyal wrote:
jobo wrote:
jao711 wrote:. Another lunatic rumour I think.Having worked for the local papers I will tell you that is rubbish.
. Imagine what!
pedro

Post by pedro »

jao711 wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:
jobo wrote: You're correct, he didn't get a penny. Whoever posts this garbage needs to give their heads a good wobble.
. Imagine what!
if they had...
bertina

Post by bertina »

jao711 wrote: Having read through all the posts(to date) on this thread I notice names that are rarely seen and one or two who don’t even attend home games.Yet they still feel they know best how to run the club,(yes I know they are entitled to their opinion but that doesn’t make it right).Of course posters on here would never get drunk or behave so badly.Nor would they ever make a bad mistake.Nowadays in this self righteous PC society we live in,,we have the internet and social media,where the rest of the World can snipe and call nasty names from the safety of their homes without fear of retribution(they think). To these people I can but ask a simple question. What is it like to be perfect? PS. If you think this post is a bit self righteous,you are quite probably right but then I ‘m entitled to my opinion too.
Agree totally.
Not condoning Joel's behaviour in any way, but I do think that more is being made of it because its all over social media.
As far as I am aware the lad has been squeaky clean off the field up to now. He goes out, gets bladdered, and makes a complete a***hole of himself with behaviour which is totally unacceptable.
Sobers up, realises what he's done, apologises to the wronged parties and probably feels like a complete p**ck.
I know what he did was wrong, but I can't believe that people on here want to hang the lad out to dry for one indiscression.
We must have a site full of saints.
In the late eighties/early nineties our superstar team used to come to my local pub on a sunday night after matches every week. Slaughtered most of them, and getting up to all sorts of antics, but I don't recall any clamour for them all to be sacked.
Too many people these days are on trial by video phone and social media.
I repeat I think Joel's behaviour was disgraceful, but come on people.!!