Joel's Gone.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Joel's Gone.

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:I wonder if all those happy hes gone are going to message the club saying they want the same done to bateman for his actual fight.

Very much double standards we kept bateman and worked with him and we have employeed hardaker Joel should of had a chance to redeem himself.

This doesnt send a good message to the players it shows the club will not have your back (unless your a brilliant player)

I cant help think this is just down to the club trying to save face due to the potential cover up.
Too many variables to make such generalisations. The Bateman incident was not videoed and most of the country (and most Wigan fans I suspect) doesn't know it ever happened unlike JT's effort which went national. Bateman's incident happened some time ago so the club could have decided on a new policy. A policy maybe even influenced by Hardakers arrival as in it would not look good to tolerate JT and sign Hardaker as it would send the wrong message.

The Bateman incident was also between two players on a club organised "do". Not a player assaulting a member of the public and a female one at that. I am not defending Bateman but suggesting JT's was worse because of who he was abusing. So you could argue quite reasonably while both were in the wrong JT crossed a line whereas Bateman did not (just).

The message that has been sent out is if you behave like that you are out and I fail to see what duty the club has to any player who does that to do otherwise. He's 31 and should know better. The club is not Wigan Social Services and just because he's an RL player he's not some delicate little flower who needs mollycoddling or rehabilitating. The club has behaved no differently to any employer who found one of its employees plastered all over the media doing that.
Youll find an employer would also sack an employee for fighting another employee on works do (ive done this with someone this christmas) youll also find that someone who has been sacked for taking drugs find new employement hard. However that is real world and not the sport world.

I completely agree that Joels is worse and i am in no way defending his actions i find them appauling, merely commenting that the club has show double standards. I hope the people happy for Joel to go are unhappy about the recruitment of a racost homophobe who assaulted a student.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Firestarter wrote:In the vid he kept saying IS THIS WIGAN repeatedly..... i dont think it was just aimed at the people in the vid imo
Tbh they are both from Milton Keynes and grew up supporting Wire (Sam's primrose and blue boots), getting attached to the area isn't a given. I saw it the way you are implying.
I live in St Helens and there's been plenty of times I've thought WTF when I've witnessed something stupid. Seen the same stupid crap in Wigan also, it's something you say when you see stereotypical actions.
I know more good Wiganers than bad ones but some I definitely say WTF when I'm with them lol
honestopinion

Post by honestopinion »

WELL That did not take long!! Joel's gone, Sam's going ( should be gone) not practical to support a player who intention is elsewhere.
He cannot be motivated. Now his brothers gone Sam should not be in the team.
No motivation, no passion no will for Wigan.
Any player that does not wear the 'cherry & whites' is NOT a Wigan player.
Shaun Wayne should be gone ( must be a reason) can you imagine a football manager resigning but on his terms ( NEVER).

There is no confidence in the management at Wigan!!
The Whole events are under the chairman's leadership!

Come on lenegen show your a real chairman, take control, respect the fans , give guidance,

This is the greatest rugby league club in the world!!

Live up to ur position and sort this MESS!!!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Sorry pal misunderstood

I just hope Wigan are going to announce a signing soon the balance/strengthen the team
Keep hoping cos it won't happen I'm afraid.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

mickw wrote:
PorterjohLam wrote: Thank the lord. Take your brother with you on loan or summat.
so you reckon coke headed yorkie hardacker is
to going to have a better effect on us than sam will have at cats .
dream on
ive always said sam was better than zac...... problem is now..... sam never runs the ball which makes zak a better player imo......and other players take coke( and its usually passed on as drink related problems)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
hazie

Post by hazie »

Just shows you the power of social media now. Tried and convicted in the court of public opinion and he's out. Needs to be a lesson to all young players.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

hazie wrote:Just shows you the power of social media now. Tried and convicted in the court of public opinion and he's out. Needs to be a lesson to all young players.
Tried and convicted by his own words, more like.

There are plenty of good reason to have a pop at social media and the downsides it brings to our world, but I don't think this fiasco is one of them.
pemps

Post by pemps »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:As per usual we have to find all our Wigan news from other clubs Josie

Not unusual anymore as information and relevant stories coming officially from the club always take 4 weeks or more (depending if bribes are involved or not)
It’s not been announced by another club.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

maximus wrote:I don't think it will be posted on the Wigan official site until its a done deal.

Reading the press reports they say he is set to sign not that he has signed
. Agree with that,but I hope it is on the club site when it is a done deal.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

honestopinion wrote:WELL That did not take long!! Joel's gone, Sam's going ( should be gone) not practical to support a player who intention is elsewhere.
He cannot be motivated. Now his brothers gone Sam should not be in the team.
No motivation, no passion no will for Wigan.
Any player that does not wear the 'cherry & whites' is NOT a Wigan player.
Shaun Wayne should be gone ( must be a reason) can you imagine a football manager resigning but on his terms ( NEVER).

There is no confidence in the management at Wigan!!
The Whole events are under the chairman's leadership!

Come on lenegen show your a real chairman, take control, respect the fans , give guidance,

This is the greatest rugby league club in the world!!

Live up to ur position and sort this MESS!!!
. Rubbish.