Joel's Gone.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morleypieeater

Re: Joel's Gone.

Post by morleypieeater »

josie andrews wrote:It’s now official from the club! Two days later than elsewhere ????
Joel Tomkins has today departed Wigan Warriors in an agreement reached by mutual consent.

Executive Director Kris Radlinski said:

“Everybody is aware of the incident that took place a few weeks ago. Since Joel’s suspension, conversations have taken place surrounding his long-term future at the Club. Joel made a very remorseful statement and the discussions that have taken place since echo that.

“The images on that video will haunt Joel for a long time but we can’t let that moment of madness detract from what a fantastic career he has had at the Club. I want people to remember his amazing Challenge Cup Final try in 2011 in the same way we still remember Martin Offiah’s 1994 try against Leeds.

“Everyone has commented on the video but the hardest thing for me is that the video is not a true reflection of the man I know. After the video had emerged, he sent me a message apologising for the position that he put me in and said that whatever I decided, our friendship would remain intact.

“Joel is a good guy and somebody I care about. This has been a really difficult situation for all people concerned. Now it is time to move on. We thank Joel and wish him well with his future endeavours.”

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... n-warriors
Key phrase highlighted: "Now it is time to move on."

Translation from PR-speak:

"Me and the club made a right royal mess of this. We knew about the incident over 4 weeks before You-Tube and hoped we could cover it up. Once the video came out, we had to follow the classic damage-limitation strategy of getting the mud (or other slimy substance) to stick at the lowest level possible. Hence, not a word from the chairman, and just a short statement from me saying how shocked and disgusted I was when I saw the video. No mention of us doing nothing for 4 weeks. Let the focus be on Joel. Once it starts to die down, ship him out to Hull KR, talk about how much I care to maintain my nice-guy reputation, and say those immortal words.
Now it is time to move on.
Phew!"
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morleypieeater wrote:
josie andrews wrote:It’s now official from the club! Two days later than elsewhere ????
Joel Tomkins has today departed Wigan Warriors in an agreement reached by mutual consent.

Executive Director Kris Radlinski said:

“Everybody is aware of the incident that took place a few weeks ago. Since Joel’s suspension, conversations have taken place surrounding his long-term future at the Club. Joel made a very remorseful statement and the discussions that have taken place since echo that.

“The images on that video will haunt Joel for a long time but we can’t let that moment of madness detract from what a fantastic career he has had at the Club. I want people to remember his amazing Challenge Cup Final try in 2011 in the same way we still remember Martin Offiah’s 1994 try against Leeds.

“Everyone has commented on the video but the hardest thing for me is that the video is not a true reflection of the man I know. After the video had emerged, he sent me a message apologising for the position that he put me in and said that whatever I decided, our friendship would remain intact.

“Joel is a good guy and somebody I care about. This has been a really difficult situation for all people concerned. Now it is time to move on. We thank Joel and wish him well with his future endeavours.”

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... n-warriors
Key phrase highlighted: "Now it is time to move on."

Translation from PR-speak:

"Me and the club made a right royal mess of this. We knew about the incident over 4 weeks before You-Tube and hoped we could cover it up. Once the video came out, we had to follow the classic damage-limitation strategy of getting the mud (or other slimy substance) to stick at the lowest level possible. Hence, not a word from the chairman, and just a short statement from me saying how shocked and disgusted I was when I saw the video. No mention of us doing nothing for 4 weeks. Let the focus be on Joel. Once it starts to die down, ship him out to Hull KR, talk about how much I care to maintain my nice-guy reputation, and say those immortal words.
Now it is time to move on.
Phew!"
????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

I wish him well.

One piece of advise: sort out the drink problem before it gets worse.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

YIPPEE, Should never have been brought back from Union in the first place, all that money wasted for 3 or 4 half decent games, shocking
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Main question. Did we get a transfer fee for him?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

captinjack wrote:Main question. Did we get a transfer fee for him?
He resigned and can’t see Wigan wanting to ask for one tbh
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Fujiman wrote:
Thanks Fuji for that.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

captinjack wrote:
Fujiman wrote:
Thanks Fuji for that.
Aye Aye Captain
:lol: