Batemans Gone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Batemans Gone

Post by medlocke »

Wes wrote:Anybody else really want to keep him but develop him as a centre?

His engine and defence are awesome!!
Yes please
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

I'm sure he'd be excellent in the front row, or at full-back. He's a Rugby League machine.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

o
josie andrews wrote:Spoke to him tonight, he says he doesn’t no where all these stories the last few days are coming from as he hasn’t signed anything yet & hopefully everything will be sorted for next week.

Obviously he’s not going to come out & announce anything before the club announcement.
Josie, you frequently tell us how "in" with the players you are. To the point you are even texting some of them

Yet for some reason you appear to think you must be informed first or at least consulted if a player is going to move on

Just because they won't commit to an answer to you is not an answer in itself.

Why does he not simply tell you he has signed an extension with Wigan? He should not need to talk about contracts as he still has another 12 months left so what needs sorting?.

He is STILL under contract for another year so any potential move must either be because his clause in his contract has been triggered or he is not in discussions with anyone - because he doesn't need to (he is still under contract). Why does anything need sorting from his point of view?

Wigan might be looking at tieing him up on a new deal. Without even a first team coach I am sure the club has plenty more to think about on the recruitment front rather than signing players up that are not out of contract

Now I know you will take this the wrong way as you always do with me. It is not personal but I think players play fast and loose (and why wouldn't they) when it comes down to their futures
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wes

Post by Wes »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:o
josie andrews wrote:Spoke to him tonight, he says he doesn’t no where all these stories the last few days are coming from as he hasn’t signed anything yet & hopefully everything will be sorted for next week.

Obviously he’s not going to come out & announce anything before the club announcement.
Josie, you frequently tell us how "in" with the players you are. To the point you are even texting some of them

Yet for some reason you appear to think you must be informed first or at least consulted if a player is going to move on

Why does he not simply tell you he has signed an extension with Wigan? He should not need to talk about contracts as he still has another 12 months left so what needs sorting?.

He is STILL under contract for another year so any potential move must either be because his clause in his contract has been triggered or he is not in discussions with anyone - because he doesn't need to (he is still under contract). Why does anything need sorting from his point of view?

Wigan might be looking at tieing him up on a new deal. Without even a first team coach I am sure the club has plenty more to think about on the recruitment front rather than signing players up that are not out of contract

Now I know you will take this the wrong way as you always do with me. It is not personal but I think players play fast and loose (and why wouldn't they) when it comes down to their futures
You could have saved yourself all of that typing if you would have read josies last sentence.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ive been more impressed with him at centre than at any point in his Wigan career, but thats just me.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:o

If Josie is told something confidently she won't say anything, plus she's known most of the players since they were kids and they trust her.
There's no wrong way to take your post, it was a dig at Josie nothing else. Josie is one of the nicest people you could meet, maybe try and talk to her at a game and you'll find out.
Wes

Post by Wes »

fozzieskem wrote:

Ive been more impressed with him at centre than at any point in his Wigan career, but thats just me.
I agree hence my post. Greenwood and Farrell in the back row with Oli and JB in the centres will do for me.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wes wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:

I agree hence my post. Greenwood and Farrell in the back row with Oli and JB in the centres will do for me.
Agree with both, It would also mean we only have to find a Half and an experienced Prop
warriors01

Bateman Gone?

Post by warriors01 »

Contract upgrades and Poms to fill Raiders salary cap

Contract upgrades and the arrival of two English players will take up most of the salary cap space vacated by Canberra Raiders' departing stars.
The Green Machine still have about four spots to fill on their roster for 2019, with outside backs and middle forwards on their shopping list for next season.
With Shannon Boyd (Gold Coast), Junior Paulo (Parramatta) and Blake Austin (Warrington) all departing at the end of the year, Raiders fans have been hopeful it would leave room for the arrival of some big-name signings.
But the re-signing and upgrades of players like Queensland Origin star Josh Papalii and halfback Aidan Sezer, along with the future arrivals of Wigan forwards Ryan Sutton and John Bateman, means that won't happen.
Raiders chief executive Don Furner assured fans the salary cap would be completely used as they look to revamp their squad for next season."We're using our salary cap. We've signed two guys from England - one Test player, one on the fringe - so it gets spent, trust me. You can assure the fans it gets spent," he said.

***https://www.theage.com.au/sport/nrl/con ... 4ztxz.html

*** Fixed your link - Moderator
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Bateman Gone?

Post by Mike »

Ryan Sutton, fringe international. Thats a bit of a leap at this stage.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐