lack of flair

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
johnmyler

lack of flair

Post by johnmyler »

Shaun Wayne will be remembered for leaving Wigan with a playing staff of journeymen who are mostly void of flair. Inside the 25 yard line Wigan are void of ideas and in most cases end up having to grubber the ball into the try line area.

We have no forward who has the ability to break tackles and offload the ball. I can count on 1 hand the offloads wigan forward have done this season. Flowers and clubb just put their head down and charge. Our best 2 forwards are leaving at season end . We have no quality number 9. Roby ran Wigan ragged last evening. We have no half back who can organise the team. We are stuck with a donkey like Powell, who has little skill and less speed . why don't we recruit quality players like Blake Austin who ha signed for Warrington rather than average Championsip Players. WIGAN ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A TOP SUPER LEAGUE SIDE GOD HELP THE NEW COACH
captinjack

Re: lack of flair

Post by captinjack »

johnmyler wrote:Shaun Wayne will be remembered for leaving Wigan with a playing staff of journeymen who are mostly void of flair. Inside the 25 yard line Wigan are void of ideas and in most cases end up having to grubber the ball into the try line area.

We have no forward who has the ability to break tackles and offload the ball. I can count on 1 hand the offloads wigan forward have done this season. Flowers and clubb just put their head down and charge. Our best 2 forwards are leaving at season end . We have no quality number 9. Roby ran Wigan ragged last evening. We have no half back who can organise the team. We are stuck with a donkey like Powell, who has little skill and less speed . why don't we recruit quality players like Blake Austin who ha signed for Warrington rather than average Championsip Players. WIGAN ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A TOP SUPER LEAGUE SIDE GOD HELP THE NEW COACH
Well said John.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I'll that commemt above as tongue in cheek given the posters name but there is some truth therein.
I've wanted Wane out for the last three years and now we are left with a coach demob happy for the rest of the season.
Furthermore the injuries once again are knocking on the door.
As for tactics, he wasn't called the mole and green nose for nothing in his playing days!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
formulamoto

Post by formulamoto »

young scrum half at penrith panthers jarome luai brilliant organizer and a prop james tamou who runs like he means business
morleypieeater

Post by morleypieeater »

johnmyler wrote:Shaun Wayne will be remembered for leaving Wigan with a playing staff of journeymen who are mostly void of flair. Inside the 25 yard line Wigan are void of ideas and in most cases end up having to grubber the ball into the try line area.

Big hands you've got, John!

Wigan 195 offloads this season, Saints 208. Of these 119 were by forwards, though Bateman played in the backs and I have no figures for his offloads as a back and a forward.

Bateman 44, Lockers 20, Joel T 17, Isa 12, Tautai 8, Clubb 7, Navarrete 4, Sutton 3, Farrell 3, Kibula 1.
johnmyler

Post by johnmyler »

Interesting were you get your figures from on offloads. Bateman has played centre most of the year, Tomkins no longer with us
how many games will Lockers play next year?. take those 3 out where are the offloads. How many offloads have the prop forwards made?

How wonderfull to have a marty tapau or a david fafita
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Offloads, Wigan had more than Saints on Thursday.
The team with most offloads this season is Leeds. Widnes and Salford also have more than Wigan.
David Fafitas team Wakefield have less off loads than Wigan.

Just to add John Bateman has made more off loads than other player in Superleague this season. George Williams is up there as well, but he's cr@p according to many on here!!!!

As for the grubber kick it's something Wigan didn't do enough of on Thursday we used the high kick. When we changes in the 2nd half we put Saints under more pressure and they eventually cracked.

Blake Austin maybe a good player or be just like Roberts and Sandow.

Next!!

ps
I smell a Saints or Wire troll. He can't even spell Wane's name correctly.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No straw damn us wrote:

Offloads, Wigan had more than Saints on Thursday.
The team with most offloads this season is Leeds. Widnes and Salford also have more than Wigan.
David Fafitas team Wakefield have less off loads than Wigan.

Just to add John Bateman has made more off loads than other player in Superleague this season. George Williams is up there as well, but he's cr@p according to many on here!!!!

As for the grubber kick it's something Wigan didn't do enough of on Thursday we used the high kick. When we changes in the 2nd half we put Saints under more pressure and they eventually cracked.

Blake Austin maybe a good player or be just like Roberts and Sandow.

Next!!

ps
I smell a Saints or Wire troll. He can't even spell Wane's name correctly.
Unless the misspelt name is a cunning rouse by one CPW
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote:Unless the misspelt name is a cunning rouse by one CPW

Cunning ruse, FFS! :)
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

moto748 wrote:
medlocke wrote:Unless the misspelt name is a cunning rouse by one CPW

Cunning ruse, FFS! :)