2019 Rosta

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
w.thomas

Re: 2019 Rosta

Post by w.thomas »

I'd like to know where the rumour about lam bringing his son has come from, or have I missed it somewhere? Last I heard he was with his son at a game, are people putting 2&2 together or what? Still reckon we need a top half but can't see us getting anyone
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Seems unfair Lams kid can just come over here and take a local kid's job. Surely some sort of immigration control should prevent that?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

captinjack wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:In January 2018, Wigan announced their squad numbers. MM and Gells had left with Sarge and Hamlin being brought into the fold. One could argue that the cost of the guys leaving outstripped those coming in and therefore the club had money to be spend on additional players but for the sake of argument let's assume that the surplus was spent on improving the contracts of current players in order to retain them e.g. Powell.
POWELL WTF do we want to increase the contract of that pillock. He'll never make a scrum half as long as his arse faces downwards. As a Hooker he is shite Never makes a break from dummy half as he is to slow. His passing is woeful.

Wane says his name is first on the Team Sheet. I'd like to see the results of DNA test between them two, that would answer why he is always selected when he's crap.

we can all see that powelis very poor i doubt any other super league club would even be interested in him but shaun wane see other things
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Mike wrote:Seems unfair Lams kid can just come over here and take a local kid's job. Surely some sort of immigration control should prevent that?
To be fair to him, he is an international. (Only got 1 more cap than me though).
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

pedro wrote:
Levrier wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:How good is Lachlan Lam? If he is great, then we will be much stronger.

I would rather watch Hardaker than Sam, as he can cut teams apart, and will give us much needed momentum from the back. I am not fussed about losing Sutton, and have high hopes that Bullock and the rest of our current crop will more than compensate for his loss. Joel leaving improves us.

Which leaves Greenwood for Bateman. I really like Greenwood and think he will develop into the best second row in the competition, but Bateman has an X factor about him.

By far the biggest difference, and the one which fills me with hope, is that we will have someone who has recently worked in the NRL leading the way on the coaching side. I think there is vast untapped potential in this squad, particularly in attack.
We will still be light on the roster as we never replaced FPN. I cannot see how losing a player like JT without replacing them improves us. Given that we have a couple of youngsters who could eventually step up or come back from injury we may be ok if the rumours about Williams, Tommy L and TT are not true. I know that Powell is best in the hooking role and Ganson deserves a run but we still would feel lacking in depth especially in the creative positions.

I see on the NRL website Sauaso Su being touted as in need of a new deal. There are props out there.
greenwood replaced JT
Only in terms of numbers not salary cap.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

jao711 wrote:
captinjack wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:In January 2018, Wigan announced their squad numbers. MM and Gells had left with Sarge and Hamlin being brought into the fold. One could argue that the cost of the guys leaving outstripped those coming in and therefore the club had money to be spend on additional players but for the sake of argument let's assume that the surplus was spent on improving the contracts of current players in order to retain them e.g. Powell.
POWELL WTF do we want to increase the contract of that pillock. He'll never make a scrum half as long as his arse faces downwards. As a Hooker he is shite Never makes a break from dummy half as he is to slow. His passing is woeful.

Wane says his name is first on the Team Sheet. I'd like to see the results of DNA test between them two, that would answer why he is always selected when he's crap.

. Why don’t you tell him to his face?
I have no problem with that. He must know himself that he is not any good in either position.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:Seems unfair Lams kid can just come over here and take a local kid's job. Surely some sort of immigration control should prevent that?
Never mind that what player wants to be in a team coached by his Dad? Accusations of nepotism would never cease.